Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Calling all HAAS folks.

I am looking for some help. I have got our posting for the probing working in V9 version of Verisurf for the HAAS. Now the problem I have is the limited ability of the HAAS to give me that DATA back so I can then use it. I have the following line after we do the probing of the surface.

code:

DPRNT[#5061[24] #5062[24] #5063[24]]  

So once it takes the 2nd hit it then outputs this data. I called Tech support and they said the only way to capture this DATA is through the RS232. I would like to be able to send it to the USB or even the hard drive. So here comes my question do any of you know how to do this? If so how? I do not have a machine to try it out on.

I have thought about another way where I could send it to the machine and once it is done then save this to a NC file, but not an ideal way to do what I am after.

Murry it is for another company and that solution will work for you as well. I am looking at finding a RS232-25 pin to usb with memory device or, something with ability to plug a stick into and capture the data from the RS232. Now you got what you need for the captured data to do the work you are looking to do with the machine probing. I will call you Tuesday and we can talk.

• 4 years later...

I bought one of those boxes direct from Shop Floor Automations. Works great for transferring programs. It used to take 1.5 to 2 hours to send some of our programs over the RS232, now it only takes 20 minutes or so.

I'm curious to know how you got the speed increase. was it the length of cable necessitating slower than optimal baud rates?