Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Re-Machining Quirk

Mic6

So I machined out a .5 wide slot with a .25 em. Now I'm trying to go back and pick out the corners with re-machining and a .0935 em. This was working just fine yesterday even with my clearance at 40% I could see it blending in verify. Now today even with these settings

re-machinebox.jpg

Or even at 100% I cant get rid of the little bits of stock. I left zero stock when I finished the slot. It seems like no matter where the clearance is set, it wont cut it.

re-machine.jpg

Leaving 0 stock in the remachining, the chamfer shows heavy, and the slot wall shows little chamfer. I opened yesterdays part just like this, and now it's doin the same thing as well.

remachcham.jpg

Any ideas? banghead.gif

Looks like the tool tolerance adj. made the difference. The actual part blended perfectly. I just can't figure out how it worked fine in verify yesterday having never touched either of those verify settings. Oh well Thanks KC

remachfix.jpg

quote:

I just can't figure out how it worked fine in verify yesterday having never touched either of those verify settings.

Certain tools will just not verify correctly for some weird reason..

We draw and scale all of our tools with the spindle

(A whole other subject...)

With the default settings in verify, the tools look like friggin' stop signs! (and verify that way too!) banghead.gif

Always have to switch "Tool Profile" from "As Defined" to "Auto" and keep tool tolerance way down.....

HTH

Thank God I ran across this post. I did a 5-axis toolpath and when I verified it there were steps in the wall. I have spent HOURS trying to figure out why.

I checked my tol. and it was set to .008 as you mentioned above. (My network admin. came and reset all my settings to their defaults last week thinking this would resolve other issues - without asking me) Anywey, I changed it to .0005, reverified, and the steps are gone.

Thanks.