Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A axis value buildup

Greg_J

I am making a 4 axis tool path and when I have the program post the A axis value is up near the 200k value. My rotary has a limit to the A value so the tool path is no good. I was reading in the iTNC 530 book about a M29 that will take for example a 365 value and make it 5, so if that works I need to put it on every line with a A move, how do I get MC to post that way?

The other solution would be the use zigzag, I've tried that and it doesn't change the program. I thought it would have gone from A0 to A360 and then back to A0 and it would do the whole part like that. The tool path just keeps winding the A axis up.

Any ideas using MC to fix the proble or any help with the controler settings (Heidenhain i530).

Thanks.

Greg biggrin.gif

Thanks Bruce, I'll have to look into it more, I don't know why they would even have a limit, I don't believe that the motor can get over wound.

Have you used M94? (I wrote the wrong code in the last post)

Does anyone know about how to get the M code in every line when I post?

quote:

do you have the machine def A axis limits set?

No, I have never changed that setting, it was a +/- 360000. I changed that value to +/-3000 where I think the limits are, but it's still post with high numbers.

quote:

one_rev : 0 #Limit rotary indexing between 0 and 360? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)

It's set to 1., is that what it should be?

quote:

Could you break the program into subs and use incremental(g91)to get the extra rotations that you need?

Yes I could but I but I want to see if there is a fix for this problem, If not I will probably just do it in segments instead of one big program.

I would have responded earlier but the internet is down at work and I have to wait till I get home to post.

Greg,

We have that control on our Deckel. I don't program it that much but I will ask the guy who does and see how ours is set up. Just to make sure I know what your talking about: You have a four axis toolpath that causes the A axis to rotate so many times in the same direction that the machine alarms out? I will look into it tommorrow.

No problem thanks for looking into to it for me.

It's not really that big of an issue I can break the program into parts. One of the problems that I forsee is that I will make a program that will rotate to my limit but when I run the next I will have to un rotate back to what ever starting point MC chooses.

It will waste time waiting for it to unwind if there was a way to make my next program start where I finished and rotate back to 0 or in the neg direction.