Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 Post .err file from update

Tony35

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester,

This is going to take a little bit more time than a quick look. The good news is many of the issues are basic problems (coolant string selector missing 3 strings which causes the boolean logic problems later on in the post, !* both used at the same time on the next_tool variable in psof). These mistakes are easy to make, easier to do than most people think, trust me as I've made plenty myself over the last 15 years.

Then there is the issue of the added custom drill cycle logic to the pdrlcst and pdrlcst_2 postblock for drill cycle 9. this issue looks like some missing [] in all the if/else logic as well as some incorrect syntax with an else statement.

This one I'm not sure I can fix because there is no variable definition or value assignment anywhere in the post for the TEMP variable.

code:

temptiefe = temp - wkzd

This is also in the custom drill cycle code that someone added and I have no clue as to what Temp is supposed to be. Although I think the temp variable is supposed to be temptiefe based on the logic that follows this bad line.

code:

while temptiefe > endtiefe,

[

pbld, n$, temptiefe, e$

pbld, n$, "G94 G04 P100", e$

temptiefe = temptiefe - wkzd

]

I'm going to make the changes run a quick test and then upload the files. This will take me a little bit so I'll respond when they are ready for you.

If you want me to email them back, email me at [email protected] so I can get your email address.

Sorry for the delay.

[ 06-11-2009, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Jim Evans, from CNC Software ]

Chester,

i've updated both your posts and i am trying to upload to the FTP, but have a problem right now and I need to get out of here. I will try from home later.

Anyway, the posts run error free but as I mentioned in my previous post there was some bad logic and missing braces in the custom drill cycle postblocks (pdrlcst and pdrlcst_2) so you will need to test these customer drill cycles out good to see if my guess at the logic problems worked out. If not, then you willneed to send me a Zip2go (.z2g) file to [email protected].

if you don't know how to create a z2g file, just open X4, load the MCX you are testing with and go to the help menu and select zip2go utility menu option and follow instructions. Email this file to [email protected]. You should also include a description of the problems in the custom drill cycle. You could also do the same from X3 if the drill cycles are working correctly and i can use that to compare to X4.

Jim and Mastercam Guru

Do you think its better to send Jim my X3 Post or try to start fresh with the X4 MpMaster Post.

Mastercam Guru has helped me a lot but just recently the errors in the post were their before he started to help me now with X4 I see a lot of my mistakes but I'm looking to do the right thing and get this working. I don’t want to have to remember what I did in a post when X5 comes out and go thru this all over again?

Hello Jim,

i'm still getting error's with the updated post's.

The custom drill looks good.

I've uploaded some Zip2go files on the FTP.

Please take a look.

The files are here:

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/DRILL_X3.Z2G

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/DRILL_X4.Z2G

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/SPG_X3.Z2G

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/SPG_X4.Z2G

chester

Chester,

Sorry for the delay with this, but I've been tied up in some meetings (Actually with Jeff Fritsch from In-House Solutions) for the past 2 days.

I found the problem with your post and its all my fault. After I ran your post through to test for errors after updating it the other night, I noticed I had forgotten to add the : to a couple of string variables (no big deal really, but important for the future) so I went back in and did so and when doing so I missed a " on one of the strings and ofcourse being as smart as I am, I KNEW I possibly couldn't have made a mistake on something this simple!! biggrin.gif So I didn't run the post in Mastercam after that. If I had done so I would have been presented with the errors dialog when posting and would have caught it before sending it back to you. bonk.gif Sorry about that!

The good news is this is exactly why we added the error dialog popup on posting errors back into X4 just like it used to be in Version 9. Priuor to adding this back in, you had to remember to check your error log on your own and many of us forgot to do so on a regular basis. This caused many errors to make it through the past few version, even though many times it may not affected our NC code.

Short term this change may cause some panic and a little extra work for folks with X4, but as you can see it is working exactly how it should and in the long run it save us all from our silly mistakes.

You can download your update post from our FTP site using the link below.

ftp://ftp.mastercam.com/Customer%20Area/F...ated_061209.zip