Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Put Coolant back where it belongs!

BCW

I wish the coolant button wasn't moved in X4! It was a single button before and now it requires an entire page for the same options??? To enable coolant before it required just a couple quick keyboard key presses while setting my speed and feeds, whereas now I have to go back and forth to the mouse to enable coolant on a different page. Call me picky, I just don't see how this enhanced anything at all, just seems unwarranted.

If you set up your tools and/or OP's up properly you'd never need to go in there anyway

headscratch.gif

I personally LOVE the new tree style dialogs

I am waiting for the rest of the product to migrate to the format.

GOOD WORK CNC!!!!!

cheers.gif

i have the problem where there is 9 coolant commands (X style coolant) in the same pulldown they just repeat them selves and the coolant never seems to stick even if i click on the tool i still have to pull it down select the coolant option then the "before ,with ,after" will then be active not greyed out

unless im missing something here

quote:

If you set up your tools and/or OP's up properly you'd never need to go in there anyway

[Head Scratch]

I personally LOVE the new tree style dialogs

I am waiting for the rest of the product to migrate to the format.

GOOD WORK CNC!!!!!

I havent decided whether or not I like the new tree style dialog as it seems to take longer to set things up. I agree that if you have your tools set up then you wouldnt have to go there anyway, but doesnt it make more sense to to have the coolant on/off in the tool settings page?

dave ball

this is on a new op and even when i pick the tool from a previous op still no update it was like that in X3 so im pretty good at clicking it now just a PITA when you import ops and have to click each tool and then check to make sure the coolant is on