Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Long time to open parameters page

toddm

I was wondering if you know of a fix to my problem. After I select geometry for a toolpath (doesn’t matter what type, surface, 2d) it takes a very long time for the parameters page to pop up. Sometimes 30 seconds to a minute. It has been getting progressively worse from X2 thru X4. This is very annoying. It also does the same thing after a toolpath is complete, and you try to edit the parameters, it will take 30 seconds to a minute to open up.

Mastercam X4 design, Solids, 5 axis machining.

Like I said in another thread, try running a program like cc cleaner or clean sweep to get rid of all the temp files and then defrag your hard drive. It can't hurt, and many times it has restored my classroom computers back into working order.

• 1 year later...

ATI :unsure:

For the problem that he is describing, I wouldn't think it's video card related.

What type of hard drive are you using? How much free space? Someone above suggested CCleaner and that works really good to clean up junk stuff.

Also iobit has a program called Advanced Care, it's free and you have the option to buy the Pro version, but the free is plenty good enough.

Does all types of things and works fast.

I agree X5 did help this, but if your not planing to upgrade to X5. Then just restart you computer. When I noticed it getting real bad I would just restart my computer. Just closing mastercam and re-opening it does not seem to help. A computer reboot is what I always did (couple of times a day :( )