Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

EZ-CAM / EZ-MILL v//s MasterCAM

Daniel Harris

No comparison. Mastercam is way more advanced.

I see Cheesy-Cam has 2.5 axis capability only.

I wouldn't want to mess around with anything like that.

You will doubtfully get the support from them that you will get from CNC Software and the Emastercam forum.

IMHO - You will not find a Cam System as wideley used, as easy to learn, as competitive, or as customizable as Mastercam.

A few softwares that are worthy of comparison with Mastercam are:

NX6

Catia V5

SolidCam/Solidworks

GibbsCam

HyperMill

I'm sorry, but Ez-Cam doesn't even come close. eek.gif

I used EZ-Cam about 5yrs. ago, it was good for starting out. The 2-D is ok with limited options to customize your toolpaths, the 3-D was horrible.(IMHO)Mastercam has far more options and tremendous amounts of people and places to get help from,so the learning curve was very little.Just my two cents!

Had EZ Cam here originally, got MC9 around 5yrs ago just stepped up to X2, X3 now X4 never looked back.. don't know what they are doing now but for support your local dealer and most of all THIS FORUM EZ Cam doesn't even play in the same ball park with MC.JM2C