Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-Axis question

melliott6

I am new to 5 axis. I am programming a mag3. (Pretty dangerous combination) That said, I am milling inside a pocket wall that is angled about 40 degrees. As the A axis rotates to mill the pocket walls the head hits the part. If I could rotate the C axis 180 degrees I wouldn't have this problem. Basically I need to rotate 180 degrees and then have all the C axis moves come from here until the tool is finished milling the wall, and then reorientate itself.

I need to do this to two consecutive tools. I have tried a manual entry with apt code before and after each tools operation. The tool rotates correctly to start the first tool doesn't reorientate when it is done... and the next tool is off at the start and the end.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to go about this. I am using ICam to post from x3 mu1.

Thanks,

Mike

I am not 100% sure what you are getting at...but in the past I have used a point toolpath to get my orientations as I need/want them. Example...you can create a plane at a-40 c-180 and do a point toolpath on that plane....then have your cut right after that.

Maybe post a pic of what you are trying to do....

Here is a picture of what I want to do.

z.JPG

As you can see the side opposite the wall that is being cut is being hit by the block on the spindle (which we need to orientate our 90 degree head). I think that if the spindle were spun 180 degrees when it started its cut the head would clear. My question is how to get the head to start C180 degrees for where it is now being told to start by the post. Once this tool is ran I would like to go back to the original orientation. Hope this helps clarify.