Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Generating Operations

j.nguyen

Hello everyone-

It's been a little while since I have used Mastercam, but been using it for the last 12

years off and on.....

I have a part that has a lot of closed and open

angles w/ thin walls. The material is Al so I waterline the walls down using Swarf and some of the generating times exceed 15 min for one operation. Does this sound right? If so is there

any tricks to speed up generating times other then going to the local bar and having a cold one

while 4 operations generate?

My hardware is intel quad q9550 @ 2.83 GHz W/ 3 gigs of Ram W/ Nvidia GeForce GTS 250

what is the 'ram saver?'

my X4 times have barely increased on the benchmark as opposed to others. trying to figure out why. i have multithreading enabled.

check out the 'check this out' started by rickster. the last 4 or 5 posts if you want to get caught up.

Thanks K turk....

I know every system has it's ups and downs and I don't knock one or the other, but i spend half my day driving toolpaths w/ mastercam and the other half w/ Unigraphic and the weekends Catia V5. I just generated a toolpath that stitches out the corner radii on 3 closed angles in Unigraphics and it takes a second. I bet it would take at least a couple of minutes in Mastercam. Why can one system generate so much quicker?