Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Training Doc on MC posts

Code_Breaker

MastercamGuru

Some of us are willing to eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff to get to where we are. [big Grin]

LOL You know as well as I do that this largely depends on the area you live in and the Demand for Dedicated Employees that actually know what they are doing.

This is a very informative and constructive thread guys. biggrin.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would having a tattoo on the back of my neck that says Mastercam put me in this list?

(Some of us are willing to eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff to get to where we are.)

Or using it 7 days a week and helping the world put me in this place and over 20 years of using it.

Did I say any thing about teaching it for over 10 years now.

This is what I taught in my final Advance Mastercam class concerning post editing. I passed out MastercamGuru example (from above) and using a simpler demonstration of asking questions. I did not go into PARSE, but told them they could do that on their own (if they wish) …

Step one: Declare your Question Varibles

code:

# Question varibles

s_programmer : ""

s_customer : ""

Step two: Declare your Question Format Statement

code:

# Question format statement

fq 5 s_programmer "Enter Programmer Name //s_programmer//"

fq 6 s_customer "Enter Customer Name //s_customer//"

Step three: Write a postblock to ask your questions

code:

pgetinfo

q5

q6

Step four:

1) Include the Function Call to Postblock “pgetinfo”

2) Force answers into Uppercase

3) Output answers in Postblock “pheader$”

code:

pheader$ #Call before start of file                         

pgetinfo

s_programmer = ucase(s_programmer)

s_customer = ucase(s_customer)

"%",e$

*progno$, "(P/N ", sprogname$,")",e$

"(CUST = ", s_customer, ")"e$

"(PROGRAMMED=", month$,"/", day$,"/", year$, ")",e$

"(PROGRAMMED BY ", s_programmer, ")",e$

"( )",e$

The output in the NC files will look like this:

quote:

%

O2173(P/N 140U9121-7_REV-A_OP-3_HAAS)

(CUST = NTMA)

(PROGRAMMED=08/27/09)

(PROGRAMMED BY CODE_BREAKER)

( )

Next, I showed them how to use Machine Definition Manager to add the modified post to the list of posts in the Control Definition Manager.

All in all … good class.

PS … In the actual lesson, I misspelled one of the variables … which I then showed them the important of spelling (or cut-n-paste). eek.gifcool.gif

Thanks everyone … cheers.gif

Keep your examples coming …

Mastercam Tattoos, T-Shirts, Eating, Breathing, Sleeping and Crapping CAD/CAM.

LOL, how many of you take your Lap Tops to the Mall while your significant other goes shopping for clothes while you sit in your truck with the inverter CAD/CAM'ing for 4 to 6 Hours???

LOL, I do this a lot. I have even insisted on bringing the Lap Top to Holiday Parties to keep from being bored. biggrin.gif

Got to love CAD/CAM!!!!!! wink.gif

• 4 weeks later...

One of the best things about sharing the knowledge is that somebody else can do what you already know how to do, and you are freed up for more entertaining things. I have just started getting into posts myself, and this has been educational.

Thanks

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

One of the best things about sharing the knowledge is that somebody else can do what you already know how to do, and you are freed up for more entertaining things.

Though I never served in the military, I have several friends that have/do. They tell me one of the motto there is "train your replacement". That's a good motto to live by, unless you're paranoid about somebody getting better than you. I've met a few of these folks, and even been threatened by one eek.gif

I do miss teaching Mastercam. Someday perhaps I can get back to it. Of the several hundred people I taught, only a couple made it tough. Biggest "problem", people want to learn how to run before they learn how to crawl.

• 5 months later...