Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 Rest Roughing problems

Thee Rickster ™

i have yet to have a successful rest roughing path to work in X4 like I i have had it work in X3 and X2.

RESTRUF.jpg

In the the rest material field I use roughing tool,

dia. .26 corner radius .13. I am cutting with a 1/8 ball.

i have done this countless times in X2 and X3 with no issues. Its like it is combining a waterline path with the rest rough path??

Am I missing somthing?

Any help will be greatly appriciated

murrymold, tried it, it failed.

Evil, i am using a containment bnd.

I have been biting the bullet and on the cutting air time, but look what happened when ALL I CHANGED was stock to leave to .005"????????

RESTRUF4.jpg

Well i guess its cutting less air...

Any body having these issues please report them to [email protected] to hopefully get it fixed for X4 MU1

thank you

Rick

quote:

That IS the 'semi' workaround. [Wink]

semi-

a combining form borrowed from Latin, meaning “half,” freely prefixed to English words of any origin, now sometimes with the senses “partially,” “incompletely,” “somewhat”: semiautomatic; semidetached; semimonthly; semisophisticated. Machinists use it as a standard of "good enough"

Origin:

ME < L sēmi-; c. OE sōm-, sām- half, OHG sāmi-, Skt sāmi-, Gk hēmi-; cf. sesqui-

biggrin.gif

Ocean,

i have no use for stl's and have never worked with them from verify or any other application. This is a process issue, it does not work like it should, like in X2 and X3

When I choose ignore small cusp and hit ok, the path does not go dirty, when I go back in the parameters the 'ignore small cusps' that I just check 'IS NOT Checked any more". I have never had to use that setting before.

It's gotta be broken

As far as I'm concerned, the HST Restrough toolpath is a disaster waiting to happen WITHOUT using .stl's or restroughing without a solid. I reference .stl's on ALL my restroughing paths and the results are very efficient toolpaths without any crashes. Using the "previous tool" method of restroughing DOES NOT guarantee that the stock is actually removed and you may smash a tool in some smaller pocket areas. Using the "previous operation" method takes too long to calculate and the path is rarely efficient. I agree that MCAM's verify is broken, but it is still the only way to create a guaranteed restrough toolpath. I have noticed that saving an .stl fails less if you change your tool tolerance to .002" rather than the default .008" when verifying. If it fails at .002", change the setting back to .008".

How do you use and create stls for tool pathing? confused.gifheadscratch.gif

I will try it with the troublsome path immeadiatly.

Shouldn't the software/toolpath just work like it did in X2 and X3??

How much larger is my file going to be added all this baggafe just to get a toolpath to work properly?

Be aware that once I reach a certain file size X4

stops working for me and I am screwed. (An unresolved issue I am working on with cnc software.)

Thanks

Rick

It didn't work so well in X2 or X3 either without referencing an .stl in my opinion.

1 - Setup your actual stock in the operations manager.

2 - Verify your first roughing operation using "stock setup" on the "verify option" page. When it is done verifying, save as an .stl file. Eg. save as "cavity_1000_bullnose_rough.stl"

3 - You should restrough your next toolpath referencing the .stl file that you have previously saved.