Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

QC

mpeterson

I made my first email and sent it to qc today.

Hopefully, trying to find the right directions for help will get some stuff resolved here. (here at work, not in the forum... smile.gif ..)

Mike in MN

(11. Issues with your reseller should be resolved directly with your reseller and/or CNC Software. Airing out your issues using the forum will not be tolerated.)

[ 09-23-2009, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming ]

Just bug related things. Made comments here along with talking to Reseller.

Hopefully, the issues I am having will be resolved during the MU1, for all of us.

Mike in MN

Sorry Mike rule 11.

(11. Issues with your reseller should be resolved directly with your reseller and/or CNC Software. Airing out your issues using the forum will not be tolerated.)

[ 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming ]

Mike, the only thing you contacted us about was crashing. The fact that you have an ATI Radeon graphics card which doesn't work well with Mastercam means there is very little we can do to help. If you had a NVIDIA card we could recommend driver versions and specific settings to remedy the situation. Not liking the answer to a question is very different from not getting any help.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Regards,

Roger,

Well like I stated I sent a list to CNC Software. I just figured since you stated there are no problems with X4 with regards to crashes, when this forum states the opposite there was little reason to talk about anything else.

Just trying to find out if its me, hardware, software, or what the issue is. Also, our other seat has an Nvidia Quadro and has the same problems. Hopefully with the MU1 things will work out better and I can convince management to keep going when maintenance comes around again.

Mike in MN

I do not monitor these forums constantly, but it does appear there are some that have crashing issues, which look to be tied to relatively extremely large file sizes. That said, we have customers that work with extremely large files every day that do not have these problems, so it very well could be a driver/computer setting/hardware/etc... or even how someone goes about doing something. Example; X4 has some fields that require you to hit enter before changing a page for it to apply, in all my beta testing I never seen this as I used the tab function to tab between fields. My process did not show the same problems as how someone else does it. As I said when we spoke, there are a couple of things that we do know about, like dynamic xform causing crashing for some people. You did not mention a pc with a NVIDIA quadro card, lets adress these seperately:

NVIDIA QUADRO:

As far as your nvidia quadro card, you can reply here or call me with info, what card, what driver? This is a good starting point, but beyond the fact that it is a NVIDIA quadro you still need a good driver, and even proper settings once a good driver has been installed. Depending on the Driver version, typically selecting SolidWorks will cure most ills. But you may have to turn off the back depth buffer. If it is an older NVIDIA card there are only a couple of drivers that work well 77.56 or 91.36, everything in between those version was crap and caused a lot of crashing.

ATI RADEON:

On the radeon, this info is no different than what we spoke about on the phone, since they do not work well with Mastercam we have very few people running them, so I do not have much of a knowlege base to draw from. For the most part you must disable hardware acceleration. Other than randomly trying different drivers ( I don't have any info on a driver version that worked for more than an individual pc ) there probably isn't much that can be done. Your best bet would be to post your ATI card model and driver version on here and see if someone has had that same card and found a way to make it work, there are people that have gotten them to be fairly stable somehow.

Again, let me know if there is anything we can do.

regards,

I guess it's just my frustration with this new release, but at least now reading these threads I feel that some of it isn't my fault nor the hardware we are using. There does seem to be some bugs.

Mike in MN

[ 09-23-2009, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming ]

Hey Mike, just letting you know, but this from the FAQ's.

quote:

Issues with your reseller should be resolved directly with your reseller and/or CNC Software. Airing out your issues using the forum will not be tolerated.

I will say the couple times I have had to work with ProtoTek they were extremely helpful and willing to work through all my problems. I know its probably frustrating with the new software, and needing to describe the problems you are experiencing over the phone and internet can be a hastle and difficult but just give them a chance and try not to point fingers (especially on the forum), it gets you nowhere and makes it even less likely they will want to help you in the future. In the meantime, you may want to think about rolling back to X3 if X4 is hampering your ability to get the job done efficiently.

Good Luck

Two seats, twenty seats, it doesn't matter to me. As far as no interest in helping, I don't know what you are/were looking for. I spoke to you twice about your pc with an ATI RADEON card, a known issue. I gave you the same info I give everyone that calls in with that card with the same issues, both times. I can understand your frustration, dealing with crashing isn't fun, and the fact that you said your company doesn't want to buy a different graphics card doesn't make your life any easier.

That being said, Mastercam X4MR0 should not crash, for all intensive purposes my laptop does not crash. I infrequently get into files larger than 100mb, so I may not be seeing the same issues others (Rickster for one) has been having.

Regards,

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mike. We generally like to keep forum members around, especially the ones that have software related issues that need to figured out/solved. BUT, like rule #11 states "...Airing out your issues using the forum will not be tolerated.".

I would hate to see someone banned for that reason.

Please be considerate. cheers.gif

Noted!

I didn't try singling anyone out nor did I mention anyone specific, just wanted to maybe encourage those that are frustrated like myself that to try the QC avenue. I just didn't want to be someone that complains without trying to get feedback to someone that could hopefully resolve issues (if they are just) for future releases.

I guess that is what I was referred to on here.

Personally having some bad days at work and trying to find some directions for help, that's all.

Sorry,

Mike in MN

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No worries Mike. cheers.gif I'm sure everyone has been frustrated at one time or another. We just need to keep things healthy if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif

Welcome, and I hope that between you, your reseller, QC, and the forum, that a good solution arises, and your programming experience is a positive one.