Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Parameter settings

I can live with the tree style menu, but it needs improvement. Planes should be higher in the menu tree, linking should be above cut parameters. It's probably a known bug, but if you have the planes set wrong, you have to accept the bogus linking depths, and then go back and reset them. There is no benefit to having tip comp in the tree instead of being in the drill parameters page. I could go on, but why.

As far as inviting people who have issues to join the beta program, good luck, I've tried several times to no avail, and I remember past discussions where others have also expressed their inability to become beta testers, so it isn't just me.

quote:

How is this?

I still say the order should just be made customizable. There will never be a total consensus on what layout is "right"

One thing that is WAY wrong though..."tool holder" should be out of the tree altogether, and included in the tool parameters so when you pull a tool from your library, the holder is already associated to it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

To avoid ANY confusion. The image above in my previous post was created in MS Paint. It is NOT a reflection of any release/pre-release that I am aware of. It was purely an exercise.

I'll agree with Leigh though, being able to re-order them to the user's liking would be the best solution I can think of.

I don't know how anyone can defend 16 pages of parameters for ONE toolpath in the current tree style!! Powermill and Pro/man narrow it down to one or two pages. I like this suggestion by gcode in this post. http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic;f=1;t=035029

An expert level would get my vote without ANY eye candy. If you want graphics, get into gaming design!!

Dave,

I agree. I'm trying to get the CNC Software to condense it down. If you would like to help in the development process, I'd encourage you to join the Beta test group. The more people we have requesing the same thing, the more attention it gets. The reason we can't be more vocal about improvements/enhancements in the main forum is that we signed an agreement not to divulge the information.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

The reason we can't be more vocal about improvements/enhancements in the main forum is that we signed an agreement not to divulge the information.

sign0053.gif

biggrin.gif

Yep. We divulge, we get bounced.

Colin,

I have mixed feelings about being a beta guy. However, I understand what you can / cannot talk about. BUT, CNC software should be monitoring the suggestions here (It's been said before that they do). So, with that said, users don't need to be a part of beta to get their voice heard (I hope)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...users don't need to be a part of beta to get their voice heard (I hope)...

No, of course not. It is a good way to get in on the ground floor of stuff and help actively make things better though. CNC takes QC Inbox feedback, Reseller feedback, Tech Support feedback, and other customer feedback (shows, training, etc... oh, and I can't forget thebowman pelican NeilJ Bill Holeman Larry Rozer Jon Banquer's CAM Centric fog blog biggrin.giftongue.gif j/k)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Resizing would be nice but similar type boxes in Windows are unable to be resized as well. This may be a Windows MFC issue and not a CNC Software issue.

quote:

If you want graphics, get into gaming design!!

The benifit to graphics and icons is easy of use. It's much more difficult on the eyes to scroll thru a excel type table viewing words, since you need to read those words. Icons can be very helpful and easy on the eyes. If that was not the case, we all would still be running DOS.

So, value does exsist in the graphics but it still requires a good design approach.

Hmm, DOS and UNIX. The days my pc rarely crashed software. I also don't see many icons in the toolpath parameters. I love the idea giving expert users the option without the glorified graphics and crunch all the parameters on one or two pages. If I wanna relax my eyes, I stare at the xxxx calendar hanging on my wall. biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...