Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IGES help?

67 Yankee

I have an IGES file that I think is probably OK but when I open it all the surfaces come in as planes ( so funny! since it's a helicopter )...

I've tried playing around with the tolerances in MC but seems like I can't make the model come in any better or worse. Are there some IGES filter or version settings I can change that might give me a smooth model?

I'm hoping I can get it close to the one shown here: http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/preview.aspx?ModelCode=22926

Right now it looks like this:

COBRA.jpg

faucet?

Ron, are you calling me a drip? wink.gif

Yeap, it's completely faceted. I even tried creating curves on all edges and screen>statistics came up with 59789 lines and 17257 untrimed surfaces. Not a single arc or spline in the place!

I was hoping it was all in my settings but sounds like maybe that all this model has to offer, huh?

quote:

Looks like a AH-1F Cobra.

Thad

I'm not really sure anymore!

After I started messing with RC heli's I started searching around and most of the pics I find of the S models have the bubble shaped canopies. The more pics I found the less sure I became of what was supposed to be what, haha. What I do know is it looks a WHOLE lot like the AH-1S model I used to work on when I was a young helicopter mechanic. I think maybe at one point the army retrofitted various models with the flat pane windows and didn't rename them just to make things confusing. They love to make things confusing!

Suits my purpose whatever it is wink.gif

That's the spirit! It's great to see how people in this forum want to jump in on the coolest or toughest projects and give a helping hand or learn something new. I can not count the number of times I've learned something new that wasn't related to any particular problem I was having. This is a great forum in general for all things CAD/CAM and is #1 on my list of things to like about MC. cheers.gif