Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Alibre CAM question. Don't laugh.

Bruce Caulley

I've heard of Alibre design software.

I used to have a set of free codes they handed out years ago during thier initial rollout.

As I own SolidWorlds I never tried it.

I didn't know they had added a CAM package.

The web page looks pretty good and the prices are very reasonable.

They've got a free trial so you can give it a workout. There's a forum too... and best of all

graphical toolpath editing biggrin.gif

One thing I didn't see was Lathe

Bruce - Alibre is a powerful solid modeling suite for short money. It has Push-Pull too.

They were giving away design basic for $99.00 the last few months. I think it's too late for that deal though.

Alibre professional is what was used for all of the solids on the Vortec site. Check out the gallery.

Vortec Design

So far I have zero import problems pulling solids into Mc from Alibre. Mc can open native Alibre files, but to stay safe with other softwares I would use step files. Seems to be more compatible across the board.

I haven't heard much about the cam package, but I'd be interested to hear what you think of it.

Let us know how it goes. smile.gif

Bruce.

It always makes me chuckle when people think just because they are spending top dollar they are getting best value.

I was looking at SW for design and assemble,but, instead took up an offer on Alibre. This included,for less than $1000.00 Alibre part design sketch driven para solids,assembly ( I have built assemblies with over 500 components and still stable.)Fempro single part FEA, Motion control all axis movment,parts libarary,Bill of mats,Drawings with auto update,Sheet metal fold unfold dimple punch Etc.1 years maint had 1 version update with usefull improvments.Forum and support.

Solid works its not.But you get one hell of a piece of software for your money.They also included 1st level CAM but, having MCX4 have not downloaded. For home use, as you requested cant be bad...However does make you wonder about other software prices.

BTW I am not defending or promoting it just stating facts.

George.