Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing ops coolant issue

Tony35

[rant on]

just exported a bunch of ops, then imported them for the next part and sure enough the coolant options for the tools didnt stick so now i have to open each operation with a 3-4 sec delay and select the tool so the coolant updates curse.gifbs.gif

i think its time to start creating master files delete the part and merge the new part in so it is just how i want it

unless im doing something wrong here this coolant issue for import/export is getting old if i export something i want it to import just how i exported it

[rant off]

Tony, since your coolant options are set to "from tool", you must reselect your tool for every operation. Then the coolant will turn on, but remember, if you altered your speeds and feeds in the operation, they will also be reset from selecting the tool. If you don't wanna page through every operation, use the "edit common parameters" function as rhettmandel suggested. You will also notice when importing ops, the Arc/Filter tolerance will also change and that is something that can't be adjusted when using "edit common parameters". I don't like it either and don't understand why an import isn't an exact copy.

quote:

since your coolant options are set to "from tool", you must reselect your tool for every operation.

well thats bs.gif it was exported with that tool and imported with that tool the coolant should stick

but whatever im going to start creating master files and be done with it this is a mess waiting to happen out on the machine, TSC drill with no coolant is a bit of a problem this way i dont have to worry about picking the tool etc. i do a lot of family style parts that i see every 3 months or so and i would like to keep them programmed the same hence importing ops