Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

what did I do?

Dan@clover

I'm trying to import .STL files into MasterCam.

This morning I was able to import files and using the option button change from lines to mesh. After playing around alittle with the file and not being able to do much with it, I downloaded the Verisurf add-on. This disabled the option button.

I since removed Verisurf and still the option button is disabled for .STL files. how do I get this button to work again?

I using MasterCam X4 MU1, please help i'm lost.

Dan curse.gifbanghead.gif

You will need to reinstall the Mastercam doing a repair and that should take care of it for you.

If you look in our Tech Tip on the Verisurf forum you will see you have to use the Reverse Tab in the operation Manager to brings STL's in once you install our Add-On.

Here it is from our Forum:

With the introduction of our Add-on for Mastercam X you will find that you can not bring STL's into Mastercam if you are using Mastercam for programming. Anyone who uses Verisurf only, this is something you are familiar with in V9 where you imported STL's. In version X when using Verisurf Add-ons for Mastercam, STL's are now brought in differently. This will show you how to import them into Mastercam STL entity.

You will need to go to the reverse tab in the operations manager. In the top right corner is the Open or Import data Cloud button(1st Picture). This can bring in 4 different types of data(2nd Picture).

ReverseSTLCall.png

VerisurfSTLImport.png

Now if you want an STL to be inside of the Mastercam you need to export to CAD. To do this you need to right click on the STL in the Reverse operations Manager. You will then click on the STL mesh to export it to CAD.(3rd Picture)

VerisurfSTLtoCAD.png

Now you have a STL that will work inside of Mastercam if you have a need for it.