Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Material info

Rakesh

Hello everybody

Alum per QQ-A-250/11 TEMP T6 OR T651 (REF: AL 6061-T6 OR T651)

This looks to me Alum Plate. If any body can explain which code represents the plate or flat bar and which represents the heat treatment of the material. If this is plate than what code represents the flat bar?

Thanks in advance

There is a long spec for the "T6/T651/Etc". It has to do with the alloy mix and the temper of the material. I've got a book of all the tempers and what they mean somewhere in the shop here, but I really only care what the spec on the print says.

The rest of the info people have for bar or plate is correct. Try doing a google search for the spec and you will find suppliers that will give you the info on the web.

I just spoke with our material supplier and did a few searches, as I tought, -6, -651, -6511 are all tempers. While some tempers may be more common to material shapes, the temper designation has nothing to do with shape.

So, if you want plate, you better specify plate, if you want cold finished bar or extruded bar, you better specify that.

In our system, we customized it to state material shape.