Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Door Interlocks

scooch8292

We currently have many Fanuc Robodrills with different versions of Fanuc controllers. We do not have 4th axis's on any machines which cause us to do a lot of fixturing and bringing the machine to the home position then stopping the program with a M0 command, and moving the part to the next position and continuing. Is there anything that can be added to or near to the M0 line that will activate the door interlock switch to enable the door to be opened mid-program? Or is this switch just laddered through the M30 command?

You can open the door at M0 or M01 but only after hitting the door open button. I was just hoping to have the program activate this button to take one more step out of the operators hands. My boss is actually contacting Methods this afternoon for another issue. He said he'd ask them this also. Thanks though.

I believe Chris is correct.

There should be a parameter for that.

Our Deckel Maho DMU 80 was the same way.

Manual door unlock @ M0 was the factory default setting.

I found the correct machine constant that controls that action and changed it to auto unlock. Now the door automatically unlocks at M0. biggrin.gif

There is a door interlock "keep relay" that you can toggle on or off by adjusting a parameter, You should be able to find it in your electrical diagram or ladder for the machine... The machinery dealers and Fanuc are reluctant to tell you about it because it overrides the interlock safety feature of the door... Went through this with a couple of machines here...

• 2 weeks later...

This story gets better now. I had one machine I had changed this parameter on, that I was working on yesterday. One of our operators thought something was wrong with the machine and tried to reload all the parameters, that we keep on our network in case of emergency. Needless to say it's all f#$%'ed up now. You'd think he'd just hit the M01 button to shut it off. banghead.gif

We used to use M02 on older Hitachi Seiki machines to flip the interlock switch off.

With M01 the operator had to go into manual and press the button but M02 stopped the program and flipped the interlock off so they could just open the door, do what they needed to do, close the door and press cycle start.

Not sure if it's set up like that on your machines though.