Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New 3D Connexion Drivers out

gcode

3D Connexion released new drivers this morning

for the Space Pilot and Space Pilot Pro..

According to a press release from SolidWorks World, they contain a new feature for SolidWorks and UN called "Intelligent Navigation".

In simple terms its an automatic "center rotation point". It will be nice if it works as advertised.

Matt H

IF the part is sufficiently unconstrained, there already exists a 'toggle sub-part movement' that does what I think you are asking. I think it is pretty demanding on the hardware, though, and doesn't work as smoothly as I would like. Even though I have that mapped to a button, I don't use it that often.

Also, I am talking about inside Solidworks, I would guess that this functionality is not available inside Mastercam.

quote:

I'd like to be able to select a part in an assembly and use the Space Pilot to manipulate the part rather than the view. Anyone know a way to do this?

You can enable this from the 3D options inside SolidWorks.. you may have to turn that toolbar on

first

I just downloaded the new driver and played with it for 30 seconds. Completely sick. Not only does it automatically select the center to rotate around, it gives a little icon showing where the center of rotation is.

Also, to continue on our previous tangent, in SW, go to the 3D control pulldown, select properties, and select "Part movement on select" under Assembly. This auto selects 'sub part movement' anytime you select a component that is not fully constrained.