Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

see if you agree to this in x5

tedly

This one is very important for someone who use home/ref. points in linking parameters a lot. On approach and retract Z column should only accept positive number only. As long as Mastercam has been around I've never used a negative number. If you copied a unit that use ref. points and change plane. The number in Z column will change to negative and if one did not pay attention to this detail, machine will crash.

may be we will have this in x5? what do you think?

I too have used Negative numbers, especially when doing undercuts in 3 axis work.

I think it would be better to make a request that switching an operation's Plane should not change either the Home Position values or the Reference Point values.

The real issue here is not the value range that the fields will accept, the real issue is that Mastercam should not try and update those values. Those values should be locked in once they are set, and only change when the programmer changes them.

This is something I will try and get CNC Software to focus on, as we make use of the Home Position function and I'm tired of the values changing on me when I change a plane.

Thanks for bringing this up Ted...

quote:

I think it would be better to make a request that switching an operation's Plane should not change either the Home Position values or the Reference Point values.

+100000

90% of my close calls come from copying an operation from one tool plane to another and

neglecting to check the Ref Point settings

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I was searching and found this topic related to Reference Points option.

I am working on a file and using Volumill-toolpaths.

I used point entry before and after the toolpath because ref points weren't working.

Then I tried to use dynamic mill and ref point didn't work on the initial approach move either.

Has anyone seen this before in X4-MU3?

Thanks