Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Spacepilot

BenK

Evil I do allot of typing I am on the computers 7 days a week. but I am not always on the same one I have a few. So at the office I have one and at my home office and I use my laptop at customers. and so on. to bad I couldn't try one at a store , but I don't see these in the main stream.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

Yea, they're a hipster product as of now. Back in the dawn of personal computers, apple made the best keyboards. Cherry blue switches and a steel click plate. A true dream to type on. But now a days, it's cheaper to make **** keyboards. They have some mechanical keyboards at frys but I don't know if you can try them.

If you ever get the chance to type on one, I guarantee you that you will buy it after playing with it.

Just got my new (used) SpacePilot! I'm playing with it right now. I can see the benefits of it and I especially like the Gview buttons (iso, top, front, right) that are set up to use quickly with your thumb.

If anyone has some favorite uses or set ups that they recommend, please post them.

I can tell already that this is a great tool, very comfortable and a real potential time saver. And, for the price I paid for it, a real great deal too.

Thanks again. cheers.gif

Reko, I changed the "T" button on mine to Gview=Tplane, which works a lot better for me than "Top".

Also, I found it much more intuitive to reverse the panning directions. If it doesn't feel like an extension of your hand right from the start, try reversing things until you get what you want.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I just got mine yesterday. It was used but so what. That was a SMOKIN' price. Looks like it was possibly used in training or something like that. Did not look like heavy milage. biggrin.gif

The kids were playing with Google Earth doing flyovers... even sold the wife and kids on 3D Connexion stuff. biggrin.gif

You guys that are still on the fence... GET ONE! You're missing out!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes it's at home on a computer I don't use too often for programming. I know it's a waste of capability but I got it mostly for the kids to do school stuff with Google Earth. I don't have that kind of real-estate in my laptop bag. I'm still using the Navigator full time. biggrin.gif It's PLENTY capable for the everyday stuff I do.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I travel for a a living so I need to be able to carry my laptop on with my. NOT checking that thing. I carry indicators, some tools, a power supply, a notepad, assorted cables to communicate to diffeent machines, etc... If I go any larger on by bag I'll have gto check it. I did carry a backpack for a while, but when it started tipping the scales at 30+ lbs, it became too much. Back to a wheeled bag.

Mac... that's funny. If I wanted a toy, I woulda said so! biggrin.giftongue.gifwink.gif

I've been using the Space Navigator for well over a year. Loved it. Now its in the drawer. R.I.P. biggrin.gif

JP set me up with a Space Pilot Pro, and after a couple weeks of getting used to it, I'd have to say that Mastercam should just come with one. I just can't imagine working without it.

Thanks a million John. wink.gif

Now that I'm used to the Pro, I wouldn't recommend the Navigator to anyone, its only half of what makes for a complete tool to contribute to an efficient programming environment.

For anyone not using one, you're short-changing yourself.

The Pro is worth the price difference, will alllow you to become a more efficient programmer, and saves alot of needless movement.

If you're contemplating getting one, spend the extra cash for the Pro. You won't be disappointed.

• 1 month later...