Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Matsuura 4 axis simultaneous contouring

RandleXX

Anybody here familiar with a Matsuura H-plus 630 and if it is capable of G93 inverse time feedrate.

Our machine tool technician doesn’t even know what inverse time feedrate is.. and says he cant turn it on..

or a link to a good Matsuura tech would be great.

Thanks.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Anybody here familiar with a Matsuura H-plus 630

Yes.

quote:

...if it is capable of G93 inverse time feedrate.

It is... IF the option was PURCHASED!

quote:

Our machine tool technician doesn’t even know what inverse time feedrate is.

MOST Service Technicians are not well versed in advanced machine tool control options. This is for the most part the foray of Applicatins Engineers, hence the reason MOST Machine Tool Builders and Dealers have a Service Dept. AND, and Applications Department.

quote:

...and says he cant turn it on.

He's correct. FANUC Controls no longer have "turn on" options. Since the early/mid 2000's, this has not been able to be done. If you need an option, you'll need to contact your local Matsuura Dealer, and they will process the Option order.

quote:

or a link to a good Matsuura tech would be great.

Not even going to dignify that with a comment.

When we first got our H-plus 630 (awesome machine) one of the first things I tried was typing in a G93. It alarmed out. Then I looked for the G54.2 page....nothing there. There was a problem with the keypad so Fanuc had to come up anyways....I immediately put in a P.O. for those 2 options. On these newer controls Fanuc has made it virtually impossible to turn things on without being a Fanuc guy.

Inverse Time....was about a grand. Dynamic fixture offset (G54.2) was a bit more. I could live without the inverse time....G54.2 with a spindle probe was the best $$$ spent on that machine. My belief is that these options should be standard on any horizontal....I would not own one without them.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...a link to a good Matsuura tech would be great.

I just heard the whole story and read the service report notes.

Kind of omitting a few things aren't you Randall??? headscratch.gif

[ 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: CNC Apps Guy 1 ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well let's see. The service tech in question knows EXACTLY what Inverse Time is AND how to break out the calculator and figure it out if need be for one. Intimating that he was not a good service tech. That's pretty harsh, and laughable actually.

You unfairly characterized one of our techs because he could not/would not give you a FANUC OPTION for free.

Interesting.. Sounds like there may be some mis-information here passed on to me.. go figure..

(content deleted) to protect the guilty..

Maybe I should change my sig to "Ultimate Programming Rockstar with such a huge ego that he can give a crap less about anyone else cuz his programming skills speak for themselves!!"

Yeah, I kinda like that...

biggrin.gif

[ 08-04-2010, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: RandleXX ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It's REAL easy to get hold of a copy of the original sales order to see what was purchased this is ALWAYS the best way to know. Bosses ALWAYS seem to remember getting more of this or that for some reason.

I've not seen the sales order but my understanding is that this machine was purchased bare bones (I NEVER reccommend this as it ALWAYS spells nothing but trouble).

You are right.. It was purchased bare bones and the powers that be dont want to purchase inverse time.

They wanted me to look into it until they realized that it costs $$ to turn it on. now its on back burner till another part that requires it comes in, by then some other programmer will go through the same whole routine... again..

oh well, it's not my machine or I would have it..

whats funny is that our cheap old HAAS machines have inverse time capabilities..

quote:

They wanted me to look into it until they realized that it costs $$ to turn it on.

Stupidity at its best there. 1/2 million dollar machine & they are too cheap to put an extra grand or 3 to make it work even better.

quote:

whats funny is that our cheap old HAAS machines have inverse time capabilities..

Blame fanuc there. This is my biggest beef with fanuc....every little thing possible is an option.....hell even helical milling (think threadmill) is an option to them.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Actually, when you purchase the machine is THE best time to purchase options. You have the most leverage, not to mention, you don;t have to pay the service charges for FANUC to show up at your door. Once the machine hits your floor after everything has been signed sealed and delivered, you loose all your bargaining chips. This is not a dealer issue this is a FANUC issue. Though I will say, FANUC has softened their service charges/stances over the last couple of years. They have done a few software upgrades for us for strictly time. No option fee. This is a step in the right direction.

You are right JMC, EVERYTHING is an option. I would argue that it is good in some respects. It helps keep am machine in a certain price range. You start adding RISC Processors, max mamory, Dataservers, yadda, yadda, yadda, you just uppd the price of your machine by $50,000. So, they let you pick and choose what you need for the most part. WHen a salesman comes to me and we spec a machine. I spec certain option packages. If the customer does not want them, I gently let them know what the possible issues could be so that can make an informed decision.

I completely agree with James,

and robots are the same way. It's difficult relying on functionality in one brand, just to find out it's an option in another brand... but sometimes the options are ways to make something affordable.

There are lots of companies that wouldn't have had robots/automation had the price not been able to be slashed through optioning. Sure it's not running like the dynamo it could be, but it gets someone part of the way, and then when they're profiting from the equipment, they can start adding things to it at their pace that makes them more efficient.

Reminds me of options on cars, but not as fun.

It's funny how much functionality is SOFTWARE. And how software running on a control can make such a huge difference in operation.