Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"DNC REMOTE from PCMCIA Card"

Chris Parish

Guest MTB Technical Services

If you are in TAPE mode then simply highlight a file, select the N INPUT option, enter the index number to the left of the file name, turn on single block and press cycle start and see what happens.

Your softkey options might even change once you actually select a file properly.

Using the main INPUT key like you are doing won't work.

Tried the first thing you mentioned. Cycle starts but it is not the program that is highlighted. It is running the program in memory.

Tried the 2nd thing you said and I got parameter setting error again SR1807

I think you're right, I am going to have to call the Manufacturer.

• 4 years later...

In the spirit of reviving old threads.....does anyone know for sure if I can use the memory card to download programs into at the control from the Ethernet and then use in the control to drip from? It's a FANUC i on a new Doosan mill. Basically trying to get around having to download the programs to the card on a PC and then plugging the card into the machine to drip as described above here, would rather leave the card plugged in all the time and use as an extension on the memory. The memory on this i control is excruciatingly small and if we do any dynamic milling at all, we don't have enough storage space on the control when we DNC from the ether.

Never heard of it done it that way.  We use fast data server, and typically don't ever put any meat and potatoes on the control or data server card (different from what you have), all comes from through the network via FTP.  Anyway with data server you can put it on the data servercard and not the control memory, so I suppose it might be possible depending on the options you have.  Can you read in programs when you are in the memory card directory?

Are you transferring programs with the ethernet option, or serial over ethernet?

Anyway with some quick research in the 31i manual it appears you can set the destination with embedded ethernet (maybe you can select card) and then execute the transfer.

Thanks Husker your reply popped up right when I sent that last one. We have been transferring programs with the Ethernet option and before that we were using USB sticks while it was getting set up. We didn't realize how small these machines' memory were until we tried to download a larger program to memory from Ethernet  (really not even that large, machine memory isn't even measured in MB). We received instructions and a zip file from our supplier to set up and use the memory card to DNC from but I was trying to leave the card in the machine all the time and download from Ethernet to it, and then DNC from it after that. I'll give your suggestion a shot. Thanks!

Embeded ethernet I think is standard on all the late model controls that will also have USB.  May even pre date that a little bit with the 31ia and 0ia controls as well.  It gives you the ability to do Focas based protocals and monitoring of the machine as well as remote file management, not just programs but offsets, parameters and the such.  The main limitation or difference between that and data server I think is that you can't drip feed or run remote thru FTP.  Been a while since I was up on all that crap as I was researching it at my previous job, at some point here soon though I will have to brush up on it and get all of our current machines networked (internally) and get some software from Fanuc for auto backup and whatnot.

On 2/7/2018 at 2:11 PM, huskermcdoogle said:

Embeded ethernet I think is standard on all the late model controls that will also have USB.  May even pre date that a little bit with the 31ia and 0ia controls as well.  It gives you the ability to do Focas based protocals and monitoring of the machine as well as remote file management, not just programs but offsets, parameters and the such.  The main limitation or difference between that and data server I think is that you can't drip feed or run remote thru FTP.  Been a while since I was up on all that crap as I was researching it at my previous job, at some point here soon though I will have to brush up on it and get all of our current machines networked (internally) and get some software from Fanuc for auto backup and whatnot.

We just got a new Doosan as well, and I Did manage to configure it so that I could call M198 from the embedded Ethernet.

• Like 1