Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new comp = grapics issues

kazmir44

Hi guys,

Our programming dept. was blessed last week with new computers running windows 7 64bit. Which is toatlly awesome since we were still using version 9 for some things. rolleyes.gif

Anyways, we are currently running x2mr2 sp1. on a dell t3500, xeon processor, and quadro fx580 card.

When i import an iges file and analyze dynamic, the graphics are "repainted" with the last thing i verified, when i move the mouse around. I searched for any info on this subject but didn't come up with any real solution other than to try updating the drivers. (which i need to have the IT dept. take care of)

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there anything else i can do before calling IT?

I already checked that OpenGL is checked on and disable front buffer is set off.

• 4 months later...

Anyways, we are currently running x2mr2 sp1. on a dell t3500, xeon processor, and quadro fx580 card.

kazmir,

I'm running that exact system, including Win7 64 bit. Did you ever get your video issues straightenend out? If so, what driver did you end up using. I've tried a few with no luck.

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

kazmir,

I'm running that exact system, including Win7 64 bit. Did you ever get your video issues straightenend out? If so, what driver did you end up using. I've tried a few with no luck.

Thad

I actually posted this for another guy who does our high speed stuff. I don't think he fixed the problem, but, I'll get with him on it today and find out for sure.

Well, he is still having the same issues with verify. I guess he gave up, and decided to just live with it. *shrugs*

Let me know if you figure anything out.

also, i will have to check that last post out when i get home. I just get a big banner saying "Content blocked by your organization" <_<

edit: thanks for the link JParis, that would definitely explains things. I'll put in the word and get him running a newer version.

I know that I'm using an unsupported version, but does anyone know what driver and what graphics settings work with "x2mr2 sp1. on a dell t3500, xeon processor, and quadro fx580 card"? I've tried the latest driver from Nvidia's site, the SolidWorks 2010 and 2011 driver, various graphic settings with each and I still get a crappy verify that is *almost* unusable.

Anyone?

Tyler,

This is what happens when I rotate the part during verify.

I've since got a driver that works (Version 8.15.11.9038, Date 7-14-09) if I have hardware acceleration disabled. That drastically slows down toolpath calculations so I'd like to get that taken care of. Until then, it works. Scooch and I have been communicating via email.

I would still appreciate anyone's input.

Thad

post-2305-0-99059100-1294426221_thumb.jpg