Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Not machining to verify.

Sandybar

I have had this happen several times I don't know what the answer is so here goes.

I'm doing a High speed area clearance tool path. In verify it looks great. when i machined the part it went right through the wall. I suspected that it might be in my CD under arcs "break at quadrants" but that does not seem to be it. It appears to helixing in but outside the wall.

Has anyone expericed this also?

X4 MU3

In the linking parameters do you have output feed moves selected and the maximum feedrate for the machine filled in. This will make the machine move as if you see it in verify and not move to the next position in a 45 deg. and then linear movement to get to next position.

Sandybar,

You are not alone, I use this toolpath quite a bit for clearing pockets and I would say this happens roughly 5-10% of the time. Luckily I have vericut where I work and it has never made it to the machine. I have not been able to track down an exact cause for it yet but most of the times I go in and tweak the arc filter settings a couple of times and it goes away. It seems like it wants to swing a arc the wrong direction.

If I didn't have reliable g-code verification (which it sounds like you do not) I would not run this toolpath. I do think it still goes back to the arc filter. Wish CNC could figure this one out. I think this should show up in a generic g-code backplotter, you should try and get a hold of at least a basic one.

cheers.gif

Kevin C.

NC Plot is a great tool for the price, but it isn't verification. It's a backplotter. It's a backplotter that will handle five axis code with Macro B and nested subprograms and pretty much anything else you can throw at it, but it'll still only plot the results. Now if only we could feed NC Plot's results into Metacut View...