Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut holders

MrFish

Because I do 5 axis (full and 3+2) almost exclusively, I rely on fairly exact tool and holder definitions because of clearance issues.

I draw all tool holders and save to a DXF library. Then I import into Vericut.

Then, I save them into a common library, and use that common library in vericut, so I don't have to do any holder twice.

I do the same thing with custom tools.

quote:

I draw all tool holders and save to a DXF library. Then I import into Vericut.

Then, I save them into a common library, and use that common library in vericut, so I don't have to do any holder twice.

I do the same thing with custom tools.

That is how I did it as well when I had Vericut at my disposal.

Yes, a while now, and it is now MAMssss biggrin.gif

And they are talking another Toy cell with 5x.

The MAMs get loaded up Fridays, and run unattended all weekend. We come in Monday, and they are still running. About 40 pallets running total between the two.

The Toys are pretty much at capacity, and also run lights out

quote:

The MAMs get loaded up Fridays, and run unattended all weekend. We come in Monday, and they are still running. About 40 pallets running total between the two.

Like a printing press for hundred dollar bills. :::drool::::

It's mind blowing to try and comprehend the amount of work going through that place, that you'd even need to consider getting another Toyoda cell after the 44 pallet, 3 spindle, 1500 tool setup you just got. How many of those 44 pallets are taken up already?

I have my tools drawn up in Vericut also.

For the people that use the MC Holder in the toolpath parameters page, there's a Mastercam to Vericut interface update - "X4 enhanced to support custom tool assemblies". The file I received starts with //beta.cgtech but I'm not beta so I'm guessing that it's released.

I haven't played with it yet but I'm hoping to sneak in a couple hours next week.