Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis

chall

right guys,

i have a full 5 axis post for mc9, im wanting to use it for mcx (mastercam 10) but it doesnt seem to work when i use the update post function. it doesnt output any B or C moves. The cycle def 19 is there but just +0 for values. when it comes to posts i dont have a clue but im willing to learn. can anyone shed any light on y? will the post only work for mc9?

From what I gather, Mastercam underwent some serious changes from V9 to VX, my reseller told me we could not update our awesome 5 axis V9 custom post (after I tried the update post c-hook) to work the way it did in V9, but he did offer me a brand spankin new custom 5 axis post...for a price...

Contact your reseller, let us know what he says.

I believe the update post function is only going to work correctly on the posts that came with your Mastercam version.

All the 5 axis posts that I have used have been custom written for the machine control because of all the different mechanical methods manufacturers use to move the tool and the part.

No one that I know of has been able to produce a generic post for all the different 5 axis machine configurations.

Unless you have a degree in math and computer science you are probably going to find it quite a challenge to write your own 5 axis post using the V9 post as a template. The math involved for vector coordinate posting is complex.

Once you step out of the 3 and 4 axis world of post processors the complexity will test your skills in every way imaginable and then some.

You probably won't get too much help just because of the aforementioned reasons. 3 and 4 axis posts are easier and you will get help from this forum all day long on those kinds of questions but 5 axis..........don't hold your breath.

Chall,

Could be the reason your not finding the fix in your V9 post is because all the "fancy stuff" happens in the .psb file or if it's a Cimco post it would be the cp6 files.

Just like Keith was saying, if this is a custom post contacting your reseller is the best place to start. The post developer may be able to update, or they might recommend starting with a new post because of the updates to the McamX4 software.