Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

So long Mastercam, Hello NX

Dave.L

I hope they leave this thread intact. Mastercam has their work cut out for them and they need the pressure that posts like these create. I will be adding a second CAM seat in the near future and Mastercam is not first on the list of candidates. Not when there are cheaper alternatives that make Mastercam look like childs play :-)

Dave,

It is my hope that CNC Software will take your legitimate comments in the constructive way they were offered.

Gone are the days when CNC can be fat and lazy because they own the market.

They are certainly capable of rising to the occasion.

Anyone who remembers the leap from V6 to V7 knows what I mean.

CAM systems are here to provide the user with certain abilities to aide in completing the tasks that make them money and help them make a living. I feel they are taylored just as machines are, for certain requirements and environments.

I am, by no means, an expert. I have seen many debates, complaints, and constructively critical comments in this forum. I think that, not only is it a forum to help users operate the software, but a forum that CNC Software can use to help them develop and enhance their software to make it more appealling to programmers.

It seems like a gut reaction to be offended with complaints, but if they are not addressed maturely, I can understand why users, such as Dave, will turn somewhere else.

For the most part, Mastercam serves me quite well and I only have "minor" issues with things. Usually they can be fixed by the able and willing on this forum. Sometimes the answer is, "hey, that's Mastercam. Been like that for years, get used to it."

I say cheers.gif ! If you need to move on to something else to be more productive and successfull, nobody should be bitter about it. You have voiced your issues many times and, apparently, they have not been resolved.

Hopefully Mastercam will respond,

"Can we still be friends?" biggrin.gif

Dave - how many of these threads do you feel are necessary?

This is a technical forum, but it is first a Mastercam forum.

There are plenty of other forums online for you to bash Mastercam in favour of your CAM system.

You hit the nail on the head with:

quote:

For my company, it will be bye bye MC and Esprit and hello NX.

For others, Mastercam is doing the job just fine, and other factors such as application, ease of use/learning or local support can far outweigh the benefits you see for your work.

It's not that threads like this are a threat - you can get opinions on systems from any independent forum online, or from other people already using another CAM system

However, out of respect for CNC Software, as well as the local support that use this forum, we don't want to invite this kind of non-constructive criticism.

eMastercam can often be a target for competitors and we open the door to fake-users looking to shake things up.

Good luck on your new ventures.