Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Swarf5

xrock

The 4 axis in swarf is allready working but not as we like it to be. So what can it be done to make it work right with a post thing? Btw I gotta tell that altough it look ok in mastercam we can't get the right result when we post it. Anything to do for that?

Tested in two milling machines :

Okuma MX-55 VA OSP 100M

Supermax 65A Fanuc OT

Both 4 axis

I am also having the same problem although it is on an Integrex 5 axis machine. I want it to generate 4 and or 5 axis toolpaths and it does it just fine although when I post it there are no Y axis move in the program, just the initial B axis move to the desired angle then a bunch of X and Z's. Any suggestions?

Do you have the Integrex post?.........it put out Y`s

#Y axis output and machining over part center:

# 1) Output Y axis motion by setting mi10 to one in the parameter page.

# and setting y_axis_mch to one.

# 2) Set mi10 to one in a machine with no Y axis (y_axis_mch = 0) to force

# linear/circular position moves in the XZ plane (g18). This allows

# machining over the part center.

#Caution: The machining must stay in the XZ plane at a Y fixed value

# when y_axis_mch = zero because no C (other than the Tplane) or

# Y positions are output!!!

[ 08-27-2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: d0gFartz ]

I have posted my MC9 file to the ftp folder MC9_Files directory as yasar_swarf.MC9. In this file you'll see the toolpath of the part we want to machine and what we get when we post it.You will be able to see the "surface" on the 1st level and the "Result Toolpath" on the fifth level. I hope it helps you to understand our problem much more clearly.

The problem is again the tool's not following the path as it is seen on the toolpath when it is posted but follows the path as it is shown on level 5.

The posts used are :

MPfan V9.0

MPokuma V9.0

Yasar, can you post the nc file you get and indicate the problem areas in it. When I post your toolpath out it looks quite good. I haven't confirmed the positions but it shows x and y moves where it needs to and rotary moves where it needs to. The only place I don't show a Y move is when the tool is in the straight portion of the swarf at the X+ end. I don't know if this would help but make sure you have the latest mp.dll from mastercams website.

good luck

• 6 years later...

did you got it fixed?

does it deal with setup length?

I also have similar problem i make roughing keeping .25inch stock and when i run 5axis program it runs far away almost 1inch agay each side

I feel its related to pivot and setuplength problem

if not can you help me out iam also in same problem

regards and thanks in advance

Mukundan