Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

high school instructors

stanfield

• 3 weeks later...

My name is Branko Jeric. I am teaching CAD/CAM/CNC technologie at our school.We are middle technical school from Nova Gorica, Slovenia, Europa.

We bought Mastercam in December 2002. Our students have a lot of ideas and project, like chessboard, 3D puzzle, working with rast2vec on photos and so on.

Sign me up.

Branko biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in,

We are a college in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I teach the practical and theory of CNC programming/operations. We also teach Mastercam and just bought unlimited seats (150 seats) of lathe/mill/wire. We have 4 VMC's, 4 Lathes (1 with bar feed), 1 HMC, and a 5 axis Wire EDM.

Our machine line up include 3 Mazaks, 4 HAAS, 1 Tree, 1 Daewoo, and the Charmilles Wire.

out2thow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a TA/computer guy at one of the highschools in Titusville FL. We have a denford lathe, mill and router, and a lightmachine mill. The students from the wood shop class, make pens on the manual wood lathes, and then, come in and use the router to make a pen holder, just 2 pieces of wood, one piece they use the router to put a simple line on to hold the pen laying down. The other piece they use the cnc router to put a name in it, to customize the pen holder. On the mill, they just use the (very basic) mill cam designer program that comes with the denford mill to put their name, or maybe a simple logo into machineable wax, which is pretty handy because we can take all the chips and blocks that are too small and melt them back down to use again. Problem is, the mill was used previously for just messing around with cutting some aluminium, and no matter how clean you think you have the machine when you go to pour the wax into the molds, ull notice alot of aluminium chips and other debris. So far the students havent used the lathe at all. The design program that comes with the denford lathe is even more limit, but I managed to make several small toy tops on it, out of aluminium brass and tried one out of wax. I had to make 2 seperate files because I couldnt figure out how to get the denford program to do tool changes. Now that I am learning to use mastercam, I am working on figuring out the processes to make brass feet for the clocks that the students make in woodshop, and maybe if I have some success, I might be able to make a few parts here and there for the electric cars that some of the students, my co-worker, and I are working on. If you would like more information on the electric cars, feel free to email me at home ([email protected]) and/or at work ([email protected]) they are going to be used in Electrathon races, for more details on the Electrathon, you can goto http://www.electrathonamerica.org/

Hey there- I also teach MC in a high school. I try to apply skills to Electrathon engineering. We've had some great success. I would like to find out more obout other school cnc projects and curriculum. I use MC for an enterprise program for product engineering and in intro to manufacturing processes.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

You can add me to your list. I teach CNC machine tool teachnology at a vocational school in Kentucky mostly to high school students. I am always looking for projects that create interest in CAD/CAM and CNC machining for young people. And would be willing to share my projects with others.

Thanks,

Rodney

• 3 weeks later...

I teach technology at a high school in Waterloo Ontario. We have used Mastercam for the past 10 years in our gr 9-12 Design Tech, Construction Tech, and Transportation Tech programs. We use a gantry mill to do the machining.

We have used Mastercam and our CNC machine to produced all sorts of articles from school rings to robotics parts.

• 3 months later...

Hey,

My name is Glenn and i'm a student at General Panet h.s. in Ontario and i'm the only one in the school who knows anything at all about mastercam but i don't know how to start routering in know how to back plot and plot and all that but not how to get the machine moving if you could help e-mail me at [email protected]

Count me in. I recently purchased Router v9.1 to go along with my Light Machines router. I like the projects that Errol Groff has posted and will definitely steal that idea for my class, thanks. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with this setup this summer.

The best feature I have found is being able to convert a bitmap image into machine code! How cool is that?

Sam Ellis

Delmar High School

Delmar, DE

sellisAdelmar.k12.de.us cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

To all that replied to my request, I apoligize for the very slow response on my part. I have not been to the site in a while. I would love link all instructors and project ideas.

I would like to ask for suggestions about how to set it up.

I have a webpage that I would be more than happy to add a page that links to other instuctor sites, has instructor emails and has lesson plans or project pics, ideas.

here is my webpage:

http://www.jenningsk12.net/SH/stanfield/

does anyone have a good way to go about getting this started?

again I am sorry for dropping the ball, I had a new manufacturing class this year that threw me.

I would like to have something for fall of 2004.

thanks again for the encouragement and involvement firebounce.gif

• 2 weeks later...