Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

pocket

Elad

Hi smile.gif

when i mark the "finish" in the pocket parametrs,and i use comp. in control and i open the lead in/out, i don't have the option to mark the "start at mid point".

sometimes it's a problem and even when i mark the "optimise" the end mill goes directly to the corner,and the control stops after cutting outside of my chain.

what should i do??

smile.gif that's what i do too,but then who needs the "finish passes" in the pocket parameters.

For v10 i think cnc should add in the lead in/out of the pocket finish passes the "midpoint" box and let us control the start point.

today,the "start point" is not working in pocket at all.

elad,

Another option in V9 is to change your start point of the initial pocket using the new "Dynamic" start point. This will allow you to move the start by the location of your cursor around the pocket chain. Then your lead in/out of the pocket will be just where you want it to be, unless you have "start at closest entity" checked on as Roger suggested. HTH biggrin.gif

Elad you can also do this.

On the Second Parameters page check "create add finish passes.

On the 3rd page were you set the rough and finish turn off finish.

now go back in to the Ops manger and go to the add pocket op it created for the finish and do what Peter said move the finish only with the Dynamic and you can have it finish any were you want.