Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t the going shop rates

limitless creativity

iowajim62,

How big is your large mill and what kind of work do you do in order to charge $200.00/hour?

Is that the going rate in California?

Whew I'm glad I live in Michigan.

Here we only charge $65.00/hour and our biggest cnc mill has a 30x60 table while our biggest lathe has a capacity of 36" dia x 10 feet long.

By the way, a lil advice to you guys, never buy a Leadwell lathe,the machine is a total lemon.

I have had just about everything go wrong that can possibly go wrong and can you believe the $#@! turret actually fell of the machine!!!

I mean not even during a cut either.

The base plate that holds it on was cast iron and was c/bored to leave 1/8 wall and after a couple crashes, it just had enough.

Sorry to ramble on guys,I was just surprised about the 200/hour rate that's all.

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

jeff,

We do large vacuum chambers for wafer fab equipment and that price reflects what we can charge based on production quantities.

For example a $4000.00 raw block of alum. 20"

thick ran thru 6 operations has a finished price of somewhere between $9000.00 - $12,000.00.

Now throw in anodize and nickel for around another $2000.00 - $3000.00 and you have around $5000.00 for about 25 hours of machine time. Remember this is for production quantities not for 1 or 2 prototypes. I've seen those go up to $20,000.00 ea. !!!

HTH