Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vets Day

L Hanft

Happy vets day to all my fellow Vietnam brothers , and those that have served in other conflicts. As with every Veterans Day.... since I became a vet, I'm working. I thing only vets should have Vetrans day off! biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

( I was 5th SF under the command of 24th Corps... Da Nang... spent most of my 2yrs in I corp with a few trips south... Parrots beak region to help some Big Red 1 boys)

I'm training some of the Navy guys here in San Diego. The quality of our forces now is remarkably high: great guys, really sharp, and well educated and highly motivated.

The officers are also of extremely high quality. I met one of the captains of a ship, and his eyes looked like an eagles. He was nice about it, but definitely a no bull person.

It is true that some of our best and brightest wear the uniform.

All I can say is I'd hate to be on the wrong side of the US Navy. Can you say "Ouch".

Sorry I didn't get down on this yesterday; I actually had the day off for the first year since getting out of the Corps.

My thanks and those of my family to all of you who were looking out for us when we were unable to look out for ourselves cheers.gif

Semper Fi

[ 11-12-2002, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

quote:

My Father (78 now) was in the Corp of Engineers in the Army in WW 2.

One Hell of a Scrap book he has.

My Father would have been 83 in Jan, He was an Embasy guard in Peking prior to WW2, Taken prisoner the day before Pearl Harbor

We went to Japan and Viet Nam together in 95.

It was a very healing experience for both of us

My hat's off to all that have served!

Jim

Amen! We do indeed owe a debt of gratitude to all of our past and present men and women in uniform.

I will never forget how badly my Dad was greeted when he stepped off the airplane from Vietnam. He was told not to wear his AF uniform back to the States! He flew A1-E's from DaNang and Pleiku from 67-68 and was shot down twice while trolling for AA batteries. Three of his best friends didn't come home and one has never been found.

My brother-in-law is a retired Navy Chief who served in our "brown-water" navy in Vietnam and my sister is a Navy Captain currently at Norfolk.

I am proud of them all.

God Bless our Armed Services!