Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many are still using 8.1.1

cadcam

I am actually going to try to sell a few seats, I cant believe there are some shops that arent

with the program, I am going to try to show them what they are missing.Coming from a background of other systems It gives me some leverage.Thanks for the support.Next on my agenda sooner or later will be a machining center.I gotta ways to go, but someday. cool.gif

Use 8.1.1 for toolpathing and design

Currently beta testing 9.1

The rest of the department uses 8.1.1 also.

Back when 9.0 came out I couldn't recommend spending the money for the upgrade. 9.0 seemed to be nothing more than a bunch of bug fixes with some cosmetic/interface changes tacked on to justify the version change.

With that being said, I've been testing 9.1 beta and like it a whole lot. If the boss decides to upgrade the department to 9.1 I'd be a very happy camper. But with things still slow I don't know if x-dollars for the upgrade will translate into x-plus-dollars in savings from increased productivity, fewer toolpath errors, etc…

Bryan smile.gif

I am still using v8.1.1 Level 1.

I spoke with a couple people at the trade shows demoing v9, and they recommended that upgrading to v9 for level 1 didn't have too many more enhancements. It is my intention to stick with this version until v10, or until I can afford the upgrade to level 3.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.0 sp1 at Bratton CADCAM Services

good luck mold100

The WCS alone is worth the upgrade to V9. It doesn't matter if you use mill level 1 or 3 as long as you have parts that have more than one setup or if you do anything for the automotive or aerospace industry. I think anyone that uses the WCS on a daily basis would agree.

my 2, scratch that, 4 cents