Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam sales

mold100

In sort of response to the delcam question, I am

pretty much getting started as a MC referal

dealer.I am intersested if MC sales in general are down because I go along way to show shops Mastercam I generally take their file and program it and post it and stay and watch it run One customer I even showed him how to make electrodes,I know they were happy I have a friend that works there.Then I hear well things are slow and were not ready to talk to sales we are exploring our options.Well what they are really doing is having every one trying to sell cam software come in and do their job without buying,How do I come to this conclusion?The dont even want a demo or trial.My last two I competed directly with Powermill,Me a moldmaker and thier guy a salesman I ate em up.However the processing time is not even comparable Delcam is MUCH FASTER.But mastercam is 40% of the cost.They can also regenerate a process within a boundry Say you have a huge part

and you change one small area,you can put a small boundry around it and reg only what has changed.Sorry for the long post but I am seeing

competition on the rise.

Mold100 you will find nowadays some of the shops trying to get you to demo the software making there part for free and then say will get back with you and never here from them again..

I do suggest programming a part of it. But to do the whole part and watch it cut. I do not follow this for you are doing there job for free.

But if they will buy a seat on the grounds that you help them with there first project I have done this & can see these making good sales.

It's all most like someone on this board asking for help then saying can you program the whole job for me so I can see how you would do it.

And spending hours for free.

I have done hours for sure for the board members but I will not do the whole job being that this is how I make a living.

But as all know here I will help and even call or do a webex to help out.

Wow!!! eek.gif is this long

JM2C

John that is why I agree with showing how it works by programming some one of the customers parts.

I never use the files in mastercam to do demos .I use either past jobs or a part from the customer or I will just draw from my head to show them some features.

James good jobe by the way.

I just closed the related thread. Discussions surrounding competitive packages often turn nasty.

mold100, there may be a better place to discuss competitive issues with other resellers. See if your primary reseller will authorize access.

[ 12-29-2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

• 2 weeks later...

In a few years, they won't call it "CAM", they'll just call it "Mastercam".

Unless you are in a "niche" market (very complex molds or the most complex 5-axis work) there is no reason to know or buy anything but Mastercam.

That fact, and the breathe of the envelope it encompasses, only increases each month.

If you want a job, learn Mastercam. If you want to make money, buy Mastercam. Period.

[ 01-10-2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

As soon as I say I know Mastercam .The shop owners smiles from ear to ear! While thoses stuck WAYS of the the past,, Everything must be program by hand at the control start gettin nervous ,cause they cant figure out there current Brand X cadCAM system. I love saying to them.....I,ll race ya !to who can program faster & better cheers.gif ......mtc

Steve,

Some of the parts I have recently been competeing against are 300 megs before a toolpath is even put on.The one I am mostly talking about when I analyzed it it had 53,756

surfaces.And it wasnt even close to the biggest

they had, They wanted to see a leftover cut with a 1/2 inch ball after a 1 inch ball rougher.All complex molds, I couldnt even generate this toolpath it would have taken days.