Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal VMC 2016L

jadaro

I've had some difficult troubles with this machine...The manual is competely WRONG when it comes to tapping.. what i'm looking for (or to create) is a post processor that make the correct code for a rigid tap.

We've come up with this: 1/2-13 TAP BTW

THIS CODE SEEMS TO WORK BEST.

M6T6

G0 G90 G54 X0 Y0

G94 M29 S533

G43 H7 Z0.1

G99 G84 Z-.8 R+.1 F41.

G80

M5 (etc

Other codes, seemingly made / posted with mastercam are for tapping fixtures- And that's fine, except we don't have any.

We're looking to customize our Post Processor, so i had a look at it and came up with this (See the posts below). Please give me any feedback, i'm only a beginner.

Edits: the R plane and removed the .pst code, because it wouldn't have worked anyway.

[ 02-07-2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: jadaro ]

Are you sure that is the code that you desire? I have a fadal VMC and my code looks a lot different. My rigid tap code is a G84.1 The G84 is used for a floating tap holder. Another thing that is suggested is to output the spindle speed as S500.2. The .2 in this situation keeps the belts in high-range and gives a more fluid reversal.

Surface has a couple of good facts. Does your machine have rigid tapping? i.e. "G84.1" That as wellas the decimal value after your spindle speed has proven to work very well in the past for me. It also allows you to use a standard holder for the tap instead of a floating tap holder. This is my experience as well, on a VMC 4020 machine, but I don't recall needing an M29, or G94 value when using the above values. I believe it ends up looking pretty similar to a regular canned cycle:

"G98 G84.1 X_ Y_ Z_ R+_ F_ S_.2

G80"

Ok, i just realized the code was indeed wrong, [FROM THE POST processor edit] ..i'm looking at it again, i'm having to work explicitly without using mastercam, from home at this point.

When I used the 84.2 and the 84.1 codes, the machine crashed back to boot screen. Scarey.

I found a copy of MPFADAL1.PST ...it is different from the generic when it comes to rigid tapping.

However it seems to give if.then arguaments at the beginning of the file.

In laymens terms it looks like it says 'if operator code = 3, and drill cycle =7, then

insert this code:

Uncommented code:

if opcode = 3 & nextdc = 7,

[

result = newfs (11, speed)

speed = speed + .2

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgcode, *sgabsinc, *speed, "M5", "M90", pwcs, pfxout, pfyout, pcout, strcantext

]

else,

my comments:

if opcode = 3 & nextdc = 7,

[

result = newfs (11, speed) RE/Places what would have been there with this code: enteres the coordinates [11] x y and z plus the spindle speed>

speed = speed + .2 |adds '.2' onto whatever value the speed is|

pcan1, pbld, n,|adds a new linenumbered line, canned text comment first.| *sgcode, *sgabsinc, *speed, |Noticed that the '*'d values sometimes won't show up or are a part of another string. No idea about that.|"M5", "M90",|Things in quotation marks get manually entered into the line| pwcs, pfxout, pfyout, pcout, |The pwcs, and the x,y,cout all enter the x y and a coordinate values....Our machine doesn't use the A plane at all, so i find them being in our Post to be utterly useless|strcantext|

more comment insertion|

]

else,

else [do other operation]

Its all very Odd, i can se how it works, and how some of them relate to one antoher.

this code would ..if the manual is correct, insert G84, but would insert the speed + .2 twice somewhere in the code structure, with a G54+ coordinate..(Numerous references to other code strings in their, between the drill cycle common preperation and the movements, its really hard to figure out what the heck is going on..and why/how some codes are inserted overlapping oneanother)

Any more comments would be really apreciated.

I have NO IDEA why my machine would need M29 OR M90. confused.gif

If you have a fadal, specifically a 2016L, can you give me an example of what you machine needs to rigid tap (no tapping head).

By the way, I'm a student at a Technical College, studying CNC and machine tool technology.

Code correction . eek.gif

What we use & what seems to work. Remember that our machines seems to not like the 84.1 & 84.2 codes, it crashes to boot when we use it.

M6T6

G0 G90 G54 X0 Y0

G94 M29 S533

G43 H6 Z0.1 #Changed H offset, oops

G99 G84 Z-.8 R+.1 F41. #added the period here, changed the R value to what it was in the proggy

G80

What might work.

M6T6

G0 G90 G54 X0.0 Y0.0

G43 H6 Z+0.1

G94 S533.1

G99 G84 Z-0.8 R+.01 F41

G80

Holy Crap, sorry about all the typos!

mad.gif

Excuse all the posts,

I do believe the machine itself supports rigid tapping, however, the controls bare a different story.

I don't think our controls support 84.1 or .2

and i'm hesitant to guess that it supports calling S####.1 or .2

The Fadal is suposedly 'Emulating' Fanuc format 2,

there are two different machines that (we use, that) are supposed to use the same language, ..one is the Fadal, the other is an Amera- Seiki.

We have to use m29 on the Amera Sieki

[ 02-07-2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: jadaro ]