Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unigraphics .PRT file conversion

Lucky

I have three UG files I need to convert into Mastercam. This is an infrequent need so I would prefer not to buy expensive translater software. Would anyone out there be able to convert these files for a reasonable fee? Are services available for this?

Thanks

I'm not sure what rob is refering to, could be saving the file in UG as a sldprt.

www.cadcam-e.com

These guys do file translation software they make a chook for MC that reads native UG files. They have a service where you pay as you go. I have never used it but you might want to check it out.

HTH

Allan

P.S. tell them you heard about it on emastercam.com

I've used cadcam-e for native ProE file translation. A little pricey for pay as you go, but reliable.

Kathy

btw - We were getting errors on the surface machining (in Mastercam) from the iges translation files from ProE. The errors were eliminated on the ProE file translations. Almost as much as .015 deviation!

Did I say that right?

A local company here, that I do a lot of work for, has Unigraphics, and they are more than willing to let me use it (I used UG for about 5 years). If you want, I could convert the files to parasolid for you, and email them back.

Let me know. And confidentiality is assured. Email me if you want them converted smile.gif

smile.gif The CADCAM-E converter does a good job at bringing in the surfaces and solid model.

mad.gif but if you need any of the stand-alone wireframe like arcs or splines you may be disappointed,

UG Part Datum and Tolerance Annotations are suported with arcs, lines and points, only the lines and points come across.

Tooling often has EOP curves that do not come across.

Ernie

Lucky,

If you use the CADCAM-E converter to bring in the surfaces or solid info, wireframe can be extracted from that data within Mastercam. Open the Create-Curve menu and select either One Edge or All Edges to create wireframe geometry from surfaces or solids. I would suggest to change the Level and Color of the edge curve geometry beforehand. This will help to separate the wireframe from the surfaces. HTH cheers.gif