Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NetHook 2.0 API: Samples & Examples Available

To all NetHook 2.0 API Developers:

I'm pleased to announce that today we've officially released the NetHook 2.0 API Samples & Examples Project. It's downloadable via Mastercam.com as a zip file of four different Visual Studio projects. Each one contains it's own text file ("Read Me First!!.txt") on how to install, set up, and use each of the projects.

The first two projects are the Examples projects. This is a big collection of code on how to use different aspects of the NetHook 2.0 API. Most of it isn't functional in the sense that it doesn't do anything incredibly useful, but it is useful as a reference. The code is all heavily documented, and almost every aspect of the API has a file associated with it which will demonstrate how best to use and interact with that particular piece of the API. Of course, it's all been tested, and can just as easily be compiled and debugged against an installed version of Mastercam X2. And because there's no telling who uses C# .NET and who uses VB .NET, there's one version of the Examples project for each language.

The second two projects are the Bolt Circle projects. Whereas the Examples projects didn't do much of anything useful, the Bolt Circle projects are great examples of real-life NetHook apps. The Bolt Circle functionality has historically been something that routinely gets re-hashed as a way to exemplify different versions of Mastercam APIs, so it seemed like a perfect app to include as an example. It is heavily documented, and should offer a great way for developers to see what a NetHook app can be. Just like the Examples projects, these also come in both a VB .NET version and a C# .NET version.

Hopefully this will serve as a great way to get people looking to start with the NetHook API a helping hand in doing so. Feel free to post any feedback about them here or email the SDK Inbox with any questions, concerns, complaints... or even compliments. biggrin.gif

Happy coding!!

[ 02-02-2007, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bell, CNC Software ]

Sorry guys, but this section of the extranet is only available to authorized 3rd party developers. Looks like we need to find another place to put this. I'll work with the powers that be to get this fixed, but not tonight.

Look for an update tomorrow.

[ 02-01-2007, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Jim Evans, from CNC Software ]

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

I was very happy to see that 2.0 API examples are available. I downloaded the file NetHook_2.0_SP1.zip from Downloads section of Mastercam.com: http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads/Misc/Default.aspx, but this is the new version of API not the examples.

Please, explain once again, where can I get the examples. I do have access to Extranet, but I don't see 'Developer' menu there.

Thank you, I'm desperately waiting for new examples...

Jure & co.,

Why don't we try this one more time... ? smile.gif

The NetHook 2.0 Samples and Examples project can now be found on both the Extranet developer's page and in the main downloads section of Mastercam.com. Here's the link for the main Mastercam site's downloads page - you're looking for the "NetHook 2.0 API Samples & Examples Project" download.

Mastercam.com Downloads Page:

http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads/Misc/

If you had trouble getting it the first time, by all means try again - I've tried downloading it and setting it up myself, and can verify it works. Sorry for the inconvenience everybody.

Happy coding!!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Srinu,

I'm afraid the CHook API is too big, too fluid, and too complicated to really make that reasonable right now. In a perfect world we'd love too, but the CHook API changes so much from version to version that we'd have to spend weeks every release just making sure the examples were up to date and working. The NetHook API is easier to provide examples for because it's much smaller and changes to it are much more infrequent.

That's not to say it isn't something we haven't considered and that we definitely won't do it, but I don't think you'll see anything like that in the short term.

Hope that explains things a bit,

• 5 months later...