Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam "Notepad" project

Hey everyone,

I've got a question about creating a utility that interfaces with Mastercam. Someone posted a question in the main forum about being able to have a dialog box with commonly used numbers so they could copy and paste them into Mastercam.

I've seen several programs that install into Mastercam and create new tabs in the operations manager. I would like to create a utility that would add a new tab into the operations manager that would function like a notepad window. Just a place to enter data (alpha-numeric) that could then be used to copy/paste. The problem with using an external program like notepad, is that the window is hidden behind Mastercam's interface when swiching back and forth.

Does anyone know how I might go about starting this? I've got VS2005, but I don't know .NET or C++ very well.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ernie,

I've got a question for you. Could you set the allowable size of the notes dialog box to go smaller in the width? It look like at the smallest, it is about 26 ASCII Characters wide (not sure how many pixels). It would be nice if we could re-size the dialog to be only about as wide as a standard verticle toolbar (maybe a little wider) and also resize it vertically to be about the height of a standard toolbar. Making the border very thin would also help keep the size down. Man, I've got to figure out how to create this stuff. Development is just too much fun compared to NC programming.

Thanks again. No rush on getting this done.

Ernie,

This is great, I only have one additional request.

It would be great if this could be "file specific"

You could then keep notes about that particular parts.

The Verisurf menu did show up on my system.

I installed the newest Verisurf first and then the new chook

I would like to see something similar to use with set-up sheets. Where you have name fields that could be pulled into a set up sheet. Then if you have 5 different operations with 5 different set-up sheets you dont have to re-enter all the information each time. It would be nice to see some of the fields with drop down boxes to select Customer names etc.

This would be very nice to have.