Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam "Notepad" project

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SAIPEM

Ernie,

FWIW, I was able to use Notepad on X2 by renaming 2VScene.ft and HoleAxis.ft

to 2VScene.ft.bak and HoleAxis.ft.bak to supress the errors at startup.

Ernie, I got the Verisurf menu fine.

Colin, holeaxis works for solids but sometimes it can be a little hard to select the cylinder.

Rickster, the notes in the notepad are not file specific. The note is saved and displayed even if you don't have a mcx open. So your layers idea may still be the best for specific file notes. See JP's request above.

Ernie,

I personally think "Part notes" would be a great addition Ernie.

Glenn, I don't like cluttering up my tool paths with more stuff than is needed. On a small job 30 or 40 ops, eh, OK but on jobs with several machine groups and a couple of hundred Operations, it would be nice to be able to keep clean concise notes without messing up your Op Mangler anymore than it already is.

I absolutely love how many different features are being created by 3rd party developers and then they are incorporated into Mastercam in the future. Keep up the good work Ernie. Hopefully my classes in Visual Studio will pay off soon and I'll be able to help contribute fun and useful tools to the Mastercam community.

Hey Brian,

I just want to be able to create utilities like this "mastercam notes" project. Being able to interface an application with Mastercam just opens up new dimensions of what you can do with the software. For example, I've been thinking of creating my own utility to help manage job storage, ownership, and retrieval.

Take Royell for example. Each department has it's own data storage location and format, so you end up storing the same data, in different states of revision, in many different locations.

I think there has got to be a better way to store and provide controlled access to the data.

I've also got a project I'd like to do to be able to import operations into a part file with more control than is currently available.

The list goes on and on. I would also like to learn how to write a toolpath algorithm eventully, but that will be a while.

Thanks,

Colin,

Anything is possible given the time.

I'm not sure what post event we would use? But given some kind of event we could save the text into a temp file.

If we could get an event before and after posting then we could save a temp file and delete it after it was used.

Is there some kind of post event before posting?

Ernie