Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X5 officially Released

X5 has been officially released and is available for download here Mastercam X5 Download Page

You should also consider downloading the installation documentation and reading it prior to installing X5.

Also make sure to review the Update Folder feature in the file menu as this is the function you should use to migrate your files from a previous version and update them. Update Folder has been improved to automatically call updatepost to update your post when Machines or posts are selected for updating.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

READ the documentation first, especially the installation guide.

It is going to be greatly important.

I'll offer this right now, there is no migration.

If you ask me I am going to suggest you start with a fresh new config file.

Let the old one go. It'll only take a few minutes of your time and make save you in the long run.

Also make sure to review the Update Folder feature in the file menu as this is the function you should use to migrate your files from a previous version and update them. Update Folder has been improved to automatically call updatepost to update your post when Machines or posts are selected for updating.

Do what is asked of you, for all of our sakes :D

I cant find anything in the notes that may be wrong with my nethasp setup. anyone else having nethasp problems?

Nope, running on a nethasp here in our office, no problems at all.

Can you try something silly and take the nethasp to one of the stations that won;t launch, plug it in, and see if it will then launch?

if it does, place it back on the server and try again.

Nope, running on a nethasp here in our office, no problems at all.

Can you try something silly and take the nethasp to one of the stations that won;t launch, plug it in, and see if it will then launch?

if it does, place it back on the server and try again.

Works fine when hasp is connected to remote pc, but will not read through the network

Works fine when hasp is connected to remote pc, but will not read through the network

Was an exception added to the firewall for X4? It may need to be added for X5 as it is a different executable?

Does the nhaspx.exe see the server and mcam just won't launch? If so you may need to add the IP address of the server to the nethasp.ini file in X5

Was an exception added to the firewall for X4? It may need to be added for X5 as it is a different executable?

Does the nhaspx.exe see the server and mcam just won't launch? If so you may need to add the IP address of the server to the nethasp.ini file in X5

I added the ip to the .ini file, no there were no firewall settings for X4. The nhaspx ver 5.2 (X5 ver) Says no Nethasp found on network

I added the ip to the .ini file, no there were no firewall settings for X4. The nhaspx ver 5.2 (X5 ver) Says no Nethasp found on network

I am wondering if becasue it is now installed in the "Program Files" directory and comes under windows control more so, if perhaps you do have to open port #475 AND create a firewall exception.

Is this going to create a problem?

I have installed each version of MC in a unique folder of its own name and the original mcamc folder is empty.

The translation manual shows this.

mcamx_5.jpg

my c:drive structure is this

mcamx.jpg

Probably nothing to worry about, but just incase......I thought I'd better ask.

Cheers

Rick

Rick, you can no longer install Mastercam to the root C folder, it WILL be installed in the Program Files folder and the shared files will drop into the appropriate folders.

My advice is DO NOT mess with the installation locations.