Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pictures of tool holders with set up sheets

GoetzInd

Thanks for the guidance on that JP.

So if I share a couple of AR files that demonstrate something, then no problem?

If so, I'll put together a Display Tool Holder Image Example and upload it here.

Nope, your work, your examples, your choice to share.

images-1.jpg

OK..I put together an Active Reports Tool Holder example and uploaded it to the ftp:

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Mastercam_forum/Setup_Sheets/ File Name: Z Inc (ToolHolders).zip

It should work out of the box (Only tested on X4). Just unzip all contents into your

..\common\reports\sst folder. Open the -Z Inc (ToolHolder).rpx file in ActiveReports_Designer and

click on the Script tab at the bottom of the screen. Change the string "s_file_location" to point

to the toolholder folder where the images are. I included 2 sample tool holder images. To test it, open

a MCX file and change the holder on one of your OPS to C4C3-0020 or C4C3-0032 which can be found in the CT40.holders

Tool Holder library. Run your Setup Sheet and choose the Z Inc (ToolHolder) from the list.

BTW: I noticed CreatingSetupSheetswithActiveReports.zip in the same folder on the ftp. Good info and tutorial

on understanding how to customize Active Reports.

OK..I put together an Active Reports Tool Holder example and uploaded it to the ftp:

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Mastercam_forum/Setup_Sheets/ File Name: Z Inc (ToolHolders).zip

It should work out of the box (Only tested on X4). Just unzip all contents into your

..\common\reports\sst folder. Open the -Z Inc (ToolHolder).rpx file in ActiveReports_Designer and

click on the Script tab at the bottom of the screen. Change the string "s_file_location" to point

to the toolholder folder where the images are. I included 2 sample tool holder images. To test it, open

a MCX file and change the holder on one of your OPS to C4C3-0020 or C4C3-0032 which can be found in the CT40.holders

Tool Holder library. Run your Setup Sheet and choose the Z Inc (ToolHolder) from the list.

BTW: I noticed CreatingSetupSheetswithActiveReports.zip in the same folder on the ftp. Good info and tutorial

on understanding how to customize Active Reports.

Thanks Thrash, that works great. I can definitely see using this on jobs with non standard tools.

Your welcome, I hope you find it useful. ;)

After I finish a Setup Sheet for the company I work for (Spec-Tool), I'm gonna start working on a "Programmers

Check List Sheet". Something that can be run and at a glance I'll be able to see if all my Clearance Planes are the same,

or Coolant state, or MIN & MAX Z for each OP, etc. Would be nice to have a check list before posting the program to the

shop floor. I'm trying to think of the things that get missed and this might help to eliminate them.

Your welcome, I hope you find it useful. ;)After I finish a Setup Sheet for the company I work for (Spec-Tool), I'm gonna start working on a "ProgrammersCheck List Sheet". Something that can be run and at a glance I'll be able to see if all my Clearance Planes are the same,or Coolant state, or MIN & MAX Z for each OP, etc. Would be nice to have a check list before posting the program to theshop floor. I'm trying to think of the things that get missed and this might help to eliminate them.

We have X+ setup for this on an icon. It's one click and works so fast.

Can't get on with it as a set sheet though because we can't save/edit it in word...

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...