Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pictures of tool holders with set up sheets

GoetzInd

Hey Guys,

We are looking to have a small thumbnail pic of the actual toolholder the set up guy is supposed to use for a job. It would be nice if we could assign a picture to a specific holder and have it output on the setup sheet. Any thoughts on how we could go about doing this? We are trying to cut down on how much time they spend putting together tools out in the shop. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

select of of your operations in the operations manager, click parameters, choose one of your tools and right click it, then select tool manager and un-check the filter active on the right. now right click one of the tools and select save geometry to level. you can xform scale to bring the size down or up..

easy money!!!!!!

select of of your operations in the operations manager, click parameters, choose one of your tools and right click it, then select tool manager and un-check the filter active on the right. now right click one of the tools and select save geometry to level. you can xform scale to bring the size down or up..

easy money!!!!!!

What we're looking to do is use a picture of the actual tool holder in the tool crib to confirm to the set up guy what we need. We would be taking pictures of every holder in the crib.

Mike

easy money!!!!!!

I tried this and there was no option to save geometry to level. Only save to library. I'm using X4 MU3.

James

• 3 weeks later...

GoetzInd - Active Reports is the way to go. With a little scripting I was able to display an image based on the HOLDER-NAME DataField that MC uses. Here's a pdf from Active Reports that shows what I'm talking about. Is this what your looking for?

Hey Thrash, thats a awesome looking tool setup sheet, perfect replacement to the GUI one. Any chance you might distibute a copy of it to me ?

Thanks

Hey Thrash, thats a awesome looking tool setup sheet, perfect replacement to the GUI one. Any chance you might distibute a copy of it to me ?

Thanks

Guess what...you already have it. I just used -Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOLS).rpx and -Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOL).rpx files that are located in

your ..\reports\sst folder. You do have to make a few changes to the files to use them as a stand-alone Tool Sheet. Have you used the Active

Reports Designer program before?

Guess what...you already have it. I just used -Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOLS).rpx and -Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOL).rpx files that are located in

your ..\reports\sst folder. You do have to make a few changes to the files to use them as a stand-alone Tool Sheet. Have you used the Active

Reports Designer program before?

No, but willing to learn, is there any documentation on how to change them ?

Care to share any of your C# code tricks ThRaSH?

I don't have any problem with it, but I don't want to upset anyone.

I know sharing POST files is a NO-NO, but you do see POST code on the forum

so I assume the same is true with Active Reports files\code?

Here's what I used to display Tool Holder images based on Tool Holder name.

public void Detail_Format()
///////////////////////////////////
//
//   For this code to work the Image File Name and HOLDER-NAME need to be the same.
//   So if you have a Tool Holder in your Tool Holder Library named C4C3-0032 then the
//   jpg filename needs to be C4C3-0032.jpg
//
///////////////////////////////////
{
    // Set the Picture Control Image to null - clears last image that was displayed
    ((Picture)rpt.Sections["Detail"].Controls["ToolHolderPic"]).Image = null;

// Load a string variable with the Text from the HOLDER-NAME textbox.
   string s_holder = ((TextBox)rpt.Sections["Detail"].Controls["TextBox10"]).Text;

// Conditional check to see if string is empty or null
   if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(s_holder))
       {

// Folder that has toolholder images
       string s_file_location =" C:\\mcamx\\common\\reports\\sst\\toolholders\\";

// Check to see if image file exists
       bool b_file_exists = System.IO.File.Exists(s_file_location + s_holder + ".jpg");

if  (b_file_exists)
           {
               // If file exists then  Load Picture control with Image from file
                ((Picture)rpt.Sections["Detail"].Controls["ToolHolderPic"]).Image = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(s_file_location + s_holder + ".jpg");
           }
       }
   else
       {            
           // The HOLDER-NAME is null or empty, so display UNDEFINED instead
           ((TextBox)rpt.Sections["Detail"].Controls["TextBox10"]).Text = "UNDEFINED";
       }
}