Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9.1 and Tool Library!?

james_r

I have a problem with V9.1 I can't resolve. In tool list when I go to get a tool it takes forever to get each tool. In Version 9.0SP1 (which i still use) I don't have a problem...it is instantaneous. My tool Libs are in a folder on the server, but as I said V9.0 and even V8 has no problem. Anyone else have this problem?! What am I overlooking?! I even erased Mill9.cfg and re-configed all file paths. Grrr.

-James

There was a thread a couple of days ago about this.

I'll save you reading 50 posts of crap to get the one useful piece of information out of it.

quote:

If anyone is interested, I just updated my XP Pro with all patches and my file-get problem is no more

I'm not sure if your using xp or not....but you might try this.

I know also, that some people were experiencing problems when having a decimal point in the name of the main Mcam directory. I think the concensous(?) here is that the main directory you install 9.1 into should be named Mcam91.

And if problems still persist, you can always just make a copy of the tool list on your hard drive and not try to access it from the network.

HTH

I had the same problem.

To resolve it:

make a copy of your tool library just in case.

go to main menu > ncutils >

def.tools > library

when it does come up,

right click on library, convert to text file

save it. I saved it as the same name

then convert it back to a library from the text

file. use original library name

this worked for me.

and works fine off of network also.

Thanks for the responses guys, unfortunately Zero, I just returned from reading the 50 posts of bickering. Though entertaining, they were not at all helpful. I don't have '9.1' in the name of my directory, and I am running W2K. I am aware as a couple of the posts mentioned that I can put my tool list on my local computer, but I would like to keep our system the way it has always been. We have a few seats of MC and everyone has access to our most current libraries. Our Network is small and efficient, fille transfer/acces is not problem with any other applications. In addition, the server is backed up regularly with rotating tapes, so nothing is ever lost(Knock on forehead). It seems to be a 9.1 issue only. Hope someone figures it out and any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

-James

Re: ThePres,

It's different than that pause you get when bringing up a large tool library, it is a good 20-30 seconds and I have a fast computer(1.5GHZ) with plenty of RAM and a 32 MB nVidia card. Thought I would re-post, maybe today someone may have some more ideas. I notice there are a few people who have had this problem. Thanks.

-James

james_r;

I'm the one that started the other post (as of now over 60 replies most of them pretty embarassing to me, but you live and learn). If your libraries are huge (as mine are) get them off your network and put them on your hard drive. In your windows explorer rename the extension to mc.9. Open the file like a regular file in MC and resave it...Than go back to your explorer and change the file back to it's original extension... It did the trick for me..Backup your files on the network need be. Good luck. smile.gif