Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 AXIS POST HELP

Fire Dragon

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY BODY HAD ANY IDEA HOW TO SETUP THE MPGEN5X POST FOR A HEAD/HEAD MACHINE THAT HAS "A" AS THE PRIMARY AXIS AND THE "B" AS THE SECONDARY AXIS. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH IT AND CANT GET IT TO POST OUT THE RIGHT ANGLES. ALSO I HAVE CREATED MY OWN POST FOR THIS CONFIGUREATION THAT WORKS FOR SWARF CUTS AND THE INVERSE TIME IS RIGHT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS 5-AXIS DRILLING. IT WILL NOT VECTOR IN FOR THE DRILL DEPTH AND THEN VECTOR RETRACT. I HAVE SET THE 5-AXIS DRILLING TO NOT OUT PUT CANNED CYCLES BUT WILL NOT MAKE THE MOTION.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APRECIETED

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Did you read the notes in the Post at the top?

James, why would you ask such a silly question ?

wink.gif

He is in accordance with guidelines 5,8 and 12 he must have read them. rolleyes.gif

Fire Dragon I was going to email you a 5ax post to look at but your email address wasn't available. frown.gif

Dave

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

CAM,

Sorry, I should have made myself a smidge more clear. I was not referring to Forum Guidelines, rather, I was referring to the instructions/notes in the top section of the post processor that speaks on configuration issues.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Dave,

I always keep the striker in my back pocket. biggrin.gif But the guy asked a legit question about doing some post work so I figured I'd ask a question about what kind of "homework" he's done. Let's see if he answers back.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Oh, one more thing, the fact that he's not made his e-mail address and has a name like that available makes my spidey senses tingle if you know what I mean.

Fire Dragon,

It is apparent that you did not read the FAQ's

at the top of this forum.

Many pirates steal a copy of Mastercam and then

come here looking for help.

The users of this forum have ZERO respect for pirates and give them ZERO help.

Have you asked your Mastercam dealer for help??

[ 05-02-2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

I see that this forum is full of all kinds.

I needed post help, not a bunch of nonsense.

Home Work, lets see can you tell me the formulas

it takes to make a compound angle, like in five axis motion?

Sounds like you're asking me to do your home work for you. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my kids "When you have a specific question, I'll help you out, until then FIGURE IT OUT "

BTW there are all kinds in here, all kinds of helpful people, all kinds of personalities, and all kinds of PIRATES.

Ask your Dealer to help you out. I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out.

OUT!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Oh, one more thing. I do happen to have those formulas and you're not getting them for your snide remarks. Call me what you want, but I asked a simple enough question, in a kind manner, I even clarified myself so no one would mis understand my reply.

Honestly though, the fact you have not made your e-mail address available to us, the fact you have a name that is not really a name just makes people around here suspicious and righfully so.

I KEPT MY EMAIL PRIVITE JUST FOR OCASIONS LIKE THIS. THIS DOES NOT MAKE ONE EVIL OR A PIRATE.

HOW CAN ONE MAKE JUDGEMENTS LIKE THAT. I GUESS IT IS ALL MACHINE SHOP MENTALITY. IT CERTIANLY DOESNT STAP AT WORK. FORGET IT, I DONT NEED HELP THIS BAD. BESIDES, I DONT THINK ANY BODY REALLY KNOWS THE AWNSER TO MY QUESTIONS ANY HOW.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Check out what I found in my e-mail box this morning.

quote:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 1:44 AM

Subject: 5-AXIS POST

HELLO,

YOU CERTAINLY KNOW HOW TO xxxx PEOPLE OFF DON'T YOU. WHY WOULD YOU END THINGS BY CALLING NAMES LIKE THAT, " PIRATE ".

THAT ISNT FARE TO CALL NAMES. YOU DONT KNOW WHO I AM, WHAT I KNOW OR WHO I WORK FOR. I COULD BE CHECKING UP ON YOU FOR ALL YOU KNOW.

DRAGON

Nice. Real Nice. I hope nobody is helping this guy out.

And one last thing, STOP YELLING AT US!!!

[ 05-05-2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

I think its really cool that he kept his email private to prevent people from contacting him; yet he has no problem using yours to contact you.

Doesn't that seem slightly hypocritical?

oops; better watch my inbox now...

[ 05-05-2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Believe it or not, I have some class, not much, but some. biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif

I could've posted his e-mail address from the message but I figured why bother.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif It's a single.... but my truck is reeeeeeeeel nice, antlers on the hood and all. But don't mess with me, there's always a loaded Shotgun on the rack. biggrin.giftongue.giftongue.gifwink.gif

Oh, and hey, stop telling me I need to go to the dentist, my tooth is just fine. biggrin.gif The reason I know my name is because It's on my belt buckle too. So there.!