Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Quadro 2000

Thee Rickster ™

I just talk to my ITGuy, and he is a little concerned about this card.

He has asked me to dig deeper on the reliability of this 'new' card

and see if any fellow MC'ers are using this card and with great

success.

If Any body has any input on this card compared to the FX3800, I would

Greatly appreciate it. The cost savings is not the issue here, I have the go

ahead to purchased the more $$ one. :)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Rick

I don't know anyone who has one.

I've read that the Geoforce gaming version of this card runs hot but that shouldn't be an issue

with a good case

Its too new to get any rating from online sellers

I checked Tiger Newegg and Amazon.

Amazon had a 1 star cause the guy's power supply couldn't pull the card

Newegg had 1 3star.. only three cause the card wasn't as fast has he hoped it would be.

You should not have any Mastercam releated issues. The Quadro 2000 uses the exact same drivers

as the Quadro FX3800 so I would expect similar behavior

Would it be a safer bet to get the 3800?....is the question my IT guy would

ask. If lots of ppl are happy with the 3800 then that is probably the safer bet.

I am using a FX1500 now so either way it should be a great improvement

i still have a bit of time to go back with the 3800 as some parts of my new

build are not in the ware house stock.

thanks for the reply Gcode.

More input please... torn between to cards.

Cheers

I bought it new from Amazon.com about 8 months ago and put it in my old Dell Workstation

as an upgrade to an FX3450 card. It was a huge improvement over the FX3450.

6 weeks later I saw a T3500 on the Dell refurb site that was too good to pass up.

See my siggy...

So the old Dell with the new FX1800 is sitting in the corner and hasn't been turned on in 6 months.

I paid about $450 for the card.. they're selling for $410 now.

How does $200 + shipping sound??

I bought it new from Amazon.com about 8 months ago and put it in my old Dell Workstation

as an upgrade to an FX3450 card. It was a huge improvement over the FX3450.

6 weeks later I saw a T3500 on the Dell refurb site that was too good to pass up.

See my siggy...

So the old Dell with the new FX1800 is sitting in the corner and hasn't been turned on in 6 months.

I paid about $450 for the card.. they're selling for $410 now.

How does $200 + shipping sound??

I'll talk to the powers that be and see what they say. I've been looking at getting the new Quadro 600 card, but for only $40 more your's would be a better deal. Starting to work with customer supplied SW files more and my GeForce 8300 with 512MB isn't cutting the mustard. I'll let you know.

• 2 months later...

I have the NVIDIA Quadro 5000 and I don't know if it is the card or not, but when I rotate a large part with many many holes my MC/my computer locks up. I hit the end key and it locked up pretty good. The same part was tried using X5 on another older computer that did not lock up, and if fact spun faster. I have windows 7 32 bit, Intel Xeon 4 quad core 2.13 gz, X5, 4 gig ram, and the Quadro5000. The other computer was Windows XP 64 bit, AMD 2.39gz dual processors, 4 gig ram, and Quadro FX 3450. Any Ideas as to what makes the new one lock up and perform worse than the old?

I am having the same problem with a job that was exported out of Surfcam and the problem didnt

start till I had 3 of 4 of the components fully programmed.

211 meg file so far

If I do not shade all is good, as soon as I shade i get locked up and hope I had save prior too.

I downloaded and installed the latest driver this morning and that did not help

I am having the same problem with a job that was exported out of Surfcam and the problem didnt

start till I had 3 of 4 of the components fully programmed.

211 meg file so far

If I do not shade all is good, as soon as I shade i get locked up and hope I had save prior too.

I downloaded and installed the latest driver this morning and that did not help

Try going to Sysytem Config/Shading, and bumping the Chord Height up to a bigger value..

How much ram do you have in that box??

I don't have anything in my temp folder. Is this normal? This one?:C:\Program Files\mcamx5\common\temp

Check files in System Cong and see where your temps are pathed to.. the default is Windows Temp

(see the check box "Use Windows Temp Directory")

I always change it to something easier to find and keep track of.

When Mastercam closes normaly, it empties this folder as it closes.. so in a perfect world it's always empty

when Mastercam is closed.

When Mastercam crashes, all the temp files from that session get left in there. After a couple of crashes

the temp file will be full of junk files that can cause problems. Its good pratice to check it out if you've had a couple of crashes.

Gcode

My chordal height was a .0001 I changed it to .001 and I think that is the solution

Big thanks man!!

bumping this setting will make big models shade quicker too.

It doesn't affect toolpath accuracy, just the precision of the shading.

• 6 months later...

I just received a Dell Precision 4600 Windows 7 64 Bit Laptop with the Nvidia Quatro 2000M Card.

I have not had much luck with it so far. First issue i had was the drivers where causing the menu selection and rotating of the part to leg behind and freeze for a couple of seconds. Then i had found a driver update on the Web which seemed to have fixed the freezing so far but noticed a lot of images/words where cut off in the menu as well as overlapping images. Even selecting wire frame at time would not highlight.

I have been using the Quadro 2000 for about 8 months now in the computer in my siggy... absolutely the best computer/video card I have ever used. My benchmark is a little over a minute.

No problems whatsoever with the Quadro 2000 here.