Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help in Geometry construction

BissTool

I have a problem and was wondering if I was doing something wrong.

Draw a 3.0 dia circle and then construct an angle of 15 degrees going downward, length of an inch. Now dynamically analyze the surface. It should read 15 degrees. Bring the analyze arrow to the top of surface and it should read 1.5 rad. My problem is I'm getting 1.55291 rad. Is this normal?

Running: Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3

Mastercam X4 Solids

Thanks in advance.

Guy

I have a problem and was wondering if I was doing something wrong.

Draw a 3.0 dia circle and then construct an angle of 15 degrees going downward, length of an inch. Now dynamically analyze the surface. It should read 15 degrees. Bring the analyze arrow to the top of surface and it should read 1.5 rad. My problem is I'm getting 1.55291 rad. Is this normal?

Running: Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3

Mastercam X4 Solids

Thanks in advance.

Guy

If you post a screen shot or upload the file you will get more help.

Use Gadwin for the screen shot and upload it to photo bucket. Then copy the IMG tags and paste into your post.

Welcome to the forum!

Guy,

I checked it out. I get 1.5" rad. To check it another way do this. On a new level and colour -create- curve on all edges- then turn off all other levels then analyze.

I did this and get 1.5" rad again.

John

I opened it and get 1.55291 also.

thats a strange one :unsure:

Still lookin :p

PEACE :D

• Like 1

Created a curve at the bottom edge (big dia.) made a line from 1 arc midpoint to the other (left side when viewing from top)....15 degrees (front view) here

If you analyze the surface dynamically, the top of surface will read 1.55291rad. Which is screwy because the curve used to create the surface is 1.500rad. That is the issue I was posing to u all.

Thanks for your time.

I don't see the angle your talking about anywhere...

The surface is 15 degrees. The circle curve is 3.0 diameter. But now analyze the surface, what do you get at the top of surface for a rad reading. The bmp picture shows 1.55291rad.

I also have a mcx file in the X4_files folder. Same name as bmp file.