Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Computer For X5

3DMASTER

Hello All!

My boss has finally agreed to up-date our very old computers and I got a fresh maintenance up grade of X5 to install.

My questions are.

1. - Can anyone suggest the best computer configuration for the best performance of X5 and Solidworks without breaking the bank?

2. - How do I migrate my files to the brand new computer e.g. Machine configuration, post processor, tool bar states etc.

Thank you and have a nice day!

We've got 2 SolidBox Carbide machines here.

They were not cheap, but they are rock solid, run Mastercam X5 with issues and are very fast..

When I'm spending my money I buy Dell refurb worekstations.

SolidBox Carbide Machine at over 6 grand is a little too much for us but the high speed series looks more around our range...So you are saying to start fresh from scrach on the installation to avoid problems?

Was that a Freudian slip? :D

I would buy one of these if I could afford it. Instead I build my own. I can build a comparable pc for about 2/3 the price. One caveat however. No support.

whooops :D :D

no not a Freudian slip... this machine runs X5 with NO issues at all :D

yeah.. the Dell refurb in my siggy is a little faster than my $5600 SolidBox and cost $2100.

I'm thinking about upgrading the FX3000 to a Quadro 4000 next time I do a nice side job..

whooops :D :D

no not a Freudian slip... this machine runs X5 with NO issues at all :D

yeah.. the Dell refurb in my siggy is a little faster than my $5600 SolidBox and cost $2100.

I'm thinking about upgrading the FX3000 to a Quadro 4000 next time I do a nice side job..

I have the same setup as you gcode, but with the 4000, and it rocks, as im sure you know..

I have a dell u3011 monitor to go along with it, im in computer heaven here :)