Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Outputting Probing Results using Custom Macro

Mick

I never really liked Renishaw's format of their reports so I wrote a DPRNT macro that looks more like a CMM report. Basically it sets the Z orgin at the face and the X & Y Orgin at some point like a bore or intersection. It basically probes something then prints it then probe something else then prints, opening & closing the RS232 port as it goes along. It prints the current date and serial number that was engraved on the part too. With the ASCII output format it can then be imported into Excel using comma separated values and you can do SPC stuff, max/min & average etc. With conditional formatting in the spreadsheet dimensions out of tolerance turn red etc. For the Operators the spreadsheet format makes it even quicker and easier to read than the CMM style report and way easier than Renishaws format. With a lot of dimensions the easier it is for the operator the better, that's what we're here for right?

The forum doesn't allow me to upload the example but if someone is interested, let me know and we'll figure it out how to get it to you.

Cheers!

Len Dye

I never really liked Renishaw's format of their reports so I wrote a DPRNT macro that looks more like a CMM report. Basically it sets the Z orgin at the face and the X & Y Orgin at some point like a bore or intersection. It basically probes something then prints it then probe something else then prints, opening & closing the RS232 port as it goes along. It prints the current date and serial number that was engraved on the part too. With the ASCII output format it can then be imported into Excel using comma separated values and you can do SPC stuff, max/min & average etc. With conditional formatting in the spreadsheet dimensions out of tolerance turn red etc. For the Operators the spreadsheet format makes it even quicker and easier to read than the CMM style report and way easier than Renishaws format. With a lot of dimensions the easier it is for the operator the better, that's what we're here for right?

The forum doesn't allow me to upload the example but if someone is interested, let me know and we'll figure it out how to get it to you.

Cheers!

Len Dye

Make it a .zip file and you can share it.

• 1 year later...
On 02/02/2016 at 0:41 AM, absolute technologies said:

DPRNT example formatted like a CMM report

DPRNT.zip

Hello all

I know this is an old thread. But I am wondering in this generously shared file,  we can see this following 

POPEN
DPRNT[ABSOLUTE*TECHNOLOGIES*INC.]
DPRNT[ABEX*PN*26064*REV.*NC] 
DPRNT[OP2*IN-PROCESS*INSPECTION*REPORT]
PCLOS

#100=#3012 
#101=FIX[#100/10000] 

POPEN
GOTO#105 

Will these generate two seperate files? I ask because there's an "PCLOS" in the middle of the code.

I currently don't have access to a FANUC machine. Please advice. I'll appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Steph